No announcement yet.

shorestiva crys havoc and lets slip the hogs of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the pink block but you need a white vc to top it off!

Comment

• Still a street car but mostly drag. There's been some debate on oil squirters on miataturbo. Some people are saying that they have excessive oil consumption with wiseco pistons and oil squirters. A few that have deleted them say that oil consumption has gone down and also oil pressure is higher with less fluctuations.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

• For road course we really need the cooling, as the AFR is set lean for max power.
        you are correct about the oil pressure, we reject any squirter banjo bolt valve assembly that pops open before 35psi
        No car too fast !

Comment

• Oil pan is back on. Only took me most of a year to do it lol. Now I have to decide which transmission to use.
          Festiva auto- would be best for the drag/stoplight racing I want to do. Would only need to tweak mounts slightly but not sure if it'll hold up to the power I want.
          capri/323 g series- I have a set of mounts made already and could just drop it in and go. More fun to drive and should hold up.
          Kia g series- I have a cross member made up for it but I'd have to redo it all to position it further forward. Supposedly the strongest trans option after I do the plate mod but will require the most amount of work to finish.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Are you going to make a support bracket for the turbo?
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Wasn't planning on it if I run this manifold/turbo combo. Haven't really decided what turbo I'm going to run and I have ricks mild steel side mount manifold if I want to run that. That will definitely need to be braced if I use that.

Way too many cars

Comment

• Even with a cast manifold, brace the turbo. The extreme heat cycles, vibration and weight of the turbo are enough to crack a manifold or loosen/break the fasteners that hold it on. That's why the factory puts a brace under the turbo.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                X