No announcement yet.

I call this... Progect Pheonix. :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a mic, or even a set of calipers, could you measure the rod journal diameter and rod length befor you assemble it?
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
      If you have a mic, or even a set of calipers, could you measure the rod journal diameter and rod length befor you assemble it?
      Sure, I can try and do it this weekend. I have to put an alternator on my aunts car tomorrow so i will see.

Comment

gergorian, do you plan on boosting this b3 anytime soon?

Its looking really clean!

I'm still waiting for someone to boost a well prepped b3 and make super fast/ different platform.

I've read matt's build threads and i am a fan of what he has done. However, I'm still don't agree why he left.

People we drive festivas. We take pride in difference! If i wanted to be like everyone else i would have a b swapped EG or a s chassis.

As a car bulider/festiva owner, matt should have been no stranger to harsh criticism or car guys who don't hold true to their words or pay their bills.

Comment

I am on the look out for a t25 or the likes. ( if anyone has tips as to what turbo would be best I am all ears)
          The car is pretty clean, the front edge of the hood is rusty and there is a little on the bottom edge of the hatch as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
            I am on the look out for a t25 or the likes. ( if anyone has tips as to what turbo would be best I am all ears)
            The car is pretty clean, the front edge of the hood is rusty and there is a little on the bottom edge of the hatch as well.
            T25 will work great, depending on the money/how far you want to go with this project you could slap on a chinacharger, DIY log manifold, and some standalone FI and make a realy fast car.

Comment

Well, I finally got the head sent off to Matt at Dickmeyer Automotive and my taxes should be in my account next week(hopefully). I will take some pics when I get the head back so you guys can see the work done to it.

Comment

I cant wait to see his port work, is he going to put it on a flowbench?

Comment

Im not sure if he will or not. He is supposed to call me today when he gets it. I will remember to ask him if he can. It would be interesting to know how the head flows before and after.

Comment

I would be interested to know what he charges to flow test a head. I have already ported it, and it would not require any work on his part, other than testing it and providing the results.
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      I would be interested to know what he charges to flow test a head. I have already ported it, and it would not require any work on his part, other than testing it and providing the results.
                      I will ask him. I'm having the works done. ( bigger valves, port-polish, deck the head, stiffer valve springs and 5-angle valve job.) I am going to see if he can do a before and after flow test.

Comment

Nice, I can't wait to see how this turns out! I was thinking about messing with a stock motor, but I figured since I'm investing all this money I might as well get a bigger engine.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

*UPDATE!* Here is a link to Matt doing some port work to my cylinder head. There is also a short video showing them machining the valve guides on Dickmeyer Automotives Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6867515&type=1
                          Last edited by gergorian; 03-28-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

phenix

i also like the b3,and reccomend u, continue the mods to it. old school thinking,is :keep it stock ,or at least keep same block,and head. the injector idea,is nice, u could match intake and exhaust gaskets,increase flo a little.
                            u ll need to get more fuel flo,after your engine mods,[to get the most benefit] festys are for economy . try improving economy ,with your mods. let us know your gains. luck to ya

Comment

*UPDATE* I got my head back from Matt. I tell you what, he does some good work. I will take some pictures when I get off of work in the morning. I also have some post porting flow numbers but I can't remember them so I will put them up with the pics. I know he is watching this thread so if anyone wants some work done send him a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by gergorian View Post
                                *UPDATE* I got my head back from Matt. I tell you what, he does some good work. I will take some pictures when I get off of work in the morning. I also have some post porting flow numbers but I can't remember them so I will put them up with the pics. I know he is watching this thread so if anyone wants some work done send him a pm.
                                I may have to take a ride out there soon! looks good, did he change the guides too?

Comment

Working...
                                X