Mr Green 95 SPIRE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Green 95 SPIRE

Did my sway Bar bushings last night. These Ploy's are a "Direct Fit",night and day difference in handling.:thumbs_up:

Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

looks good, are those the austrailian bushings?
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

They appear to be a one piece unit. Does that require sliding it all the way from the LCA to the front?
      -Zack
      Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

They look like em. I think he just misspelled polys. If they are the same ones they are not a solid unit. They have a split down the side so you can put them on without detaching the whole swaybar. I'm glad to hear they work.
        Last edited by rmoltis; 03-01-2013, 01:07 PM.
        Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

nice green oil pan and i also dig the bottle caps
          Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-01-2013, 01:20 PM.
          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

oh....just fyi, that aspire isn't aspire green lol, the one I just got is green, the one I drive is blue, and the parts car was teal or something..just like my 94 I'm building..I'm thinking yours is probably teal too but it may be blue? It's really hard to tell with pictures.. heck I didn't even notice there was a difference until I got this new car and held up the parts car panels.. mine won't match now but it will have better panels lol...
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

part #?
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Yes those are the AUS units from Ebay @ $80.00 shipped to your door.I was going to get they Poly swaybar/LCR bushings also,but they wont "Combine Ship" to the USA. And most importantly I wanted to see how harsh the ride was going to be with these. And then maybe get the other poly units. And they are a "DIRECT FIT" on the Aspire. No grinding nothing...and they are slotted just like stockers.You just pull the U shaped bracket and pop them in. Cool huh,my stock ones where sooo bad as you can see. Car feels so much more stable.Seriously nothing I have done so far to any of my little cars has improved my handling like these.
                Here's the eBay link http://www.ebay.com/itm/190625954244...84.m1439.l2649
                And zoom ur right its Teal,but we started calling it Green cuz we had a Blue Aspire till I totaled it. Maybe I should call it Mr Blue now? This poor little car is gonna have a identity crisis :p

Comment

Here's the 24mm bushings for the 1994-1997 model. The above link was for the 98-01^

Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Originally posted by rmoltis View Post
                    Here's the 24mm bushings for the 1994-1997 model. The above link was for the 98-01^
                    You dont want to reference years.These are manufactured for an AUS. Automobile. Reference your installed sway bar. ALL Aspires come with a 26mm dia.That's what I installed them on,so thats why I referenced a 26mm dia Poly bushing.

Comment

haha, sorry didn't mean to give your lil one a complex!

I've been tossing around the idea of buying some of those, the idea of "bolt in" is so nice...but then I think about the $60 I'd save if I just did a little work myself with a new bracket in the energy suspension package. hmmmmm... thanks for the feedback on those though, you may have just talked me into it.
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                        haha, sorry didn't mean to give your lil one a complex!

I've been tossing around the idea of buying some of those, the idea of "bolt in" is so nice...but then I think about the $60 I'd save if I just did a little work myself with a new bracket in the energy suspension package. hmmmmm... thanks for the feedback on those though, you may have just talked me into it.
                        I'm gonna strip the sway bar and paint/bake it then add the other's @ the LCA. I'll use one from a parts car,and then install it on the "Fly". What cool color should I do the Bar???

Comment

I got a can of this type of stuff on hand all the time.. I was using Rustoleum brand but I guess autozone changed to Loctite brand? This stuff is awesome, dries black and paintable if you want another color.

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

I take that back, the loctite stuff isn't as good as the rustoleum brand rust converter... It acts different and takes forever to dry enough to work with the metal again. I gotta run out and grab a can of rustoleum stuff, there goes another hour and a half of my day >.<
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Engine Mount

Made a mount using a new EGT 1.8l MTX trans mount part # ANR 2815 $15.00 @ ORielly's.
                              Cut 3/16's off the front end of the bushing where long bolt goes thru bushing
                              Used a Aspire ATX "Cradle" because they are wider than the MTX "Cradle's"(The MTX "Cradles" measure 2-3/8's wide as opposed to the ATX 2-7/16's width)
                              3" angle iron cut to 5" L
                              Drill 3-3/4" holes in angle
                              2" angle iron 3"L
                              Use a bigger 12mmx89mm bolt for the EGT mount,stock is only 10mm.
                              Welded some thick washers onto the "Cradle" for extra support.
                              This mod allows me to roll the engine forward & down.

Thanks for stopping by!
                              Last edited by nitrofarm; 03-16-2013, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X