Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    Love the bumper, what's that off of?
    It's an old Festiva Motor Sports version of the bumper manufactured for the Kia Pride by ATH in Germany.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• What size meth nozzle did you choose?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
        What size meth nozzle did you choose?
        The kit I have came with .0155, .0315 and .0630 size nozzles. I'm going to use the smallest one at first.

Ian
        Last edited by fastivaca; 04-11-2016, 01:09 PM.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
          The kit I have came with .0155, .0315 and .0630 size nozzles. I'm going to use the smallest one at first.

Ian
          Every time your diameter doubles it's 4x the surface area. Which maybe or may not equal 4x the volume flow. But it's a good estimate. I suspect .0155 is like a 1gph nozzle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Front bumper is all one color! Glass and bondo work done and the first couple of coats of primer are on. Quite happy with how it turned out considering what I started with.

If you go back to post #40 you'll see what I had to do to get the bumper to this point.

Thank you for your continued interest in our little project.
            Last edited by fastivaca; 04-12-2016, 07:50 PM.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
              Front bumper is all one color! Glass and bondo work done and the first couple of coats of primer are on. Quite happy with how it turned out considering what I started with.

If you go back to post #40 you'll see what I had to do to get the bumper to this point.

Thank you for your continued interest in our little project.
              Wow that looks amazing!!!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Couldn't resist... one coat of color on

Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Quick little update... finally got the brakes bled but managed to spill a little bit of fluid on the bumper so that has to be fixed up a bit. Just a couple of wires to hook up, hose clamps to go on, fluids to add and the water /meth injection to finish up. Watch this space!!!

Enough posting, it's back to the garage for me!

Ian
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Get back to work !!
                    New build on the way .

Comment

• Looks really great, dude.
                      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                        Looks really great, dude.
                        Thanks.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• That sucks with the paint... Can it be polished out or do you have to re-clear it?
                          Glad to see its almost ready! Driving This weekend do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                            That sucks with the paint... Can it be polished out or do you have to re-clear it?
                            Glad to see its almost ready! Driving This weekend do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Took the paint off right down to the fiberglass😠. Cleaned it up really well, sanded it down a bit and touched up the paint. Should be driving it this weekend. Notice I didn't say "finished"...
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Had a bit of a setback this weekend. Went to add coolant and it turned out that my modified crossover pipe setup was more of a sprinkler. That meant I had to pull that all apart and fix it. Got it all watertight now. Lesson.... check for leaks before installing!

On a lighter note... put the back wheels on and dropped that end of the car to the ground. Sat in the car to do some work and all of a sudden I hear what I thought was a tire losing air. Stepped out of the car and the hissing stopped so I figured I must have been hearing things. Sat back down and heard it again. Next thing I get a sudden smell of WD-40. When I lowered the car there was a can of WD-40 directly under the bumper. The bumper barely touched the can but when I sat in the car it was enough to start spraying!

Oh, the fun of a project car. To paraphrase Boromir in LOTR... "one does not simply finish a project car"!
                              Last edited by fastivaca; 04-25-2016, 09:04 PM.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• ^ LOL

That's awesome.
                                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                                X