My aspire swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My aspire swap...

So far it's been bust. And here's the lowdown!

I trashed the Festiva's B3. And retained very little. Sucks. A little lesson: Don't throw anything out! If I wouldve looked into any B series swaps I would have learned to keep the injector harness and the entire intake manifold and motor mounts.

I got a b6 injector harness and throttle body along with the connectors associated with them. If I can just figure out what the colors of the festiva's engine harness mean I can splice them together. B6's connectors are exactly the same as a BP's.

Although I cant even find my festiva TPS connector...I dont see any wires cut anywhere...

Sent from the trash can.
    1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
    2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Now I know the Festiva TPS connector is part of the alternator harness I'll see if I can rig that up tonight.

The injector harness...all I can figure out is the injectors themselves. The other wires I have no idea ...looking at the haynes manual useless wiring diagram, scratching my head and throwing stuff across my garage.

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

And the aspire front tranny mount didnt line up but the rear did...so I ghetto rigged it for now so I can drop the motor in.

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

That sucks man, I kinda went thru the same deal with my b6 swap. The injector harness isn't that hard to make if you have the stuff. It's a batch fire so there's one power wire that goes to all injectors, and 1/3 & 2/4 are paired and fed the same ground signal. The tps is tricky and I can't remember how it's put together but I can probably get you a diagram if I can find the Daggone thing, you know how it is with old papers in a garage..
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Thatd be awesome if you can find that! Its kindof a pain in the ass when you work with crap like VWs and hondas where you can do whatever and it just works lmao

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

I havent even found where my TPS was yet LOL

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

TPS connector...

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

That's on the injector harness too I think(pretty sure)

I remember the harness I made for the same reason I had to wire that in too. Since your going through the hassle of making the harness are you going to stick with the aspire intake? You might as well. Just neglect everything by the egr and don't have it hooked up.. Or do some kind of block off plate, I'd just leave it alone. I'm 99% sure the only differences in the festy and aspire tps is the socket. Both are 3 wire and both send the same signal.

I'll do my best to find that diagram as soon as I get off work. If not I will check the Haynes and help you figure it out as best I can.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

That's on the injector harness too I think(pretty sure)

I remember the harness I made for the same reason I had to wire that in too. Since your going through the hassle of making the harness are you going to stick with the aspire intake? You might as well. Just neglect everything by the egr and don't have it hooked up.. Or do some kind of block off plate, I'd just leave it alone. I'm 99% sure the only differences in the festy and aspire tps is the socket. Both are 3 wire and both send the same signal.

I'll do my best to find that diagram as soon as I get off work. If not I will check the Haynes and help you figure it out as best I can.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Im keeping the aspire intake. Ill be using a b6 TB and TPS just in case the aspire's tps had a different connector. Ill be making a blockoff plate for the EGR and that emissions crap (The IAC is attached to it with coolant lines) underneath the b6's TB.

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

Ill probably just block the TB coolant passages with JB weld...the EGR ill make a blockoff plate with a gasket.

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

I I was looking at the diagram in the Haynes manual and my car, there's 7 wires altogether branching off the main harness. The iac valve wires come off the alternator (start/charge) harness.

1) THICK yellow/black is the power to ALL injectors. There's 2 junctions in the stock harness where one wire becomes three and further down one wire becomes two... And that's the Main power, you can run one wire and splice of it for each injector if you want.

2) green/yellow wire is a ground signal from the Ecu to injectors 1 & 3.

3) green/black is the ground signal from Ecu to injectors 2 & 4.

4) red/blue is power to the coolant temp sending unit, for this it doesn't matter which side of the sensor power or ground is hooked up to.

5) black wire acts as a common ground for both the coolant temp sending unit AND tps.

6) solid yellow wire is the TOP wire on the tps.

7) SMALL yellow/black wire is the BOTTOM wire on the tps.

I don't see anything wrong with using b6 tps, as long as you keep the wires going to the top and bottom the same as it would be for a festy. whatever injectors you use hVe to have pigtails so you'll know which side is the common power.
                        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

I've got a couple spare B3s out back and could ship an injector harness and tps to you if that would help
                          -Zack
                          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

A little visual aid, hope it helps!
                            Attached Files
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Thanks man!

Ill have at 'er tomorrow. Worse comes to worse a friend of mine has a BP injector harness I can have for 10 bucks. Lives an hour away though.

Sent from the trash can.

Dave Forget

Comment

Working...
                              X