• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad engine #1 cyl gougded

DSCN0051.jpgDSCN0052.jpgDSCN0053.jpgDSCN0054.jpgDSCN0065.jpgDSCN0074.jpg

Wow, she was really spewing oil.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

I drove this car for 2 weeks 100 miles a day with a messed up cylinder and blowby the #1 cyl and leaking oil, to wich I pulled the engine and found an other festiva engine in a junkyard in Winston-Salem N.C. rebuilt it and jut now its been giving me trouble. the original transmission I resealed it and put it back in the car, to the most resent trouble I had out of it has been that the crankshaft is walking in and out ( I think) making a grinding sound intermittently hen I press the clutch, to wich I thought it was the transmission and I pulled it out opened it up took it apart and found the diff spider gears had too much endplay so I bought a transmission from a buddy of mine for $20 buck and took the diff out and replaced it.

it didn't matter cause the car was till doing the same thing, till last night I removed the oilpan and it had bearing material in it, so im waitng to find the specs so I can do some accurate measuring.

Comment

Is this going to be your build thread?

If not then this makes the 3rd thread you've posted in the wrong section in the passed couple days and they may just start disappearing instead of being moved

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Look ill be as nice as possible, im here to learn about these cars. I haven't logged in as much as I want to learn all the ins and outs of the site, and yes I have posted threads in wrong places, but give me a break im a noob here, and I apriciate the tact to wich my mistakes have been dealt with and to that I say thank you, and yes this is my build thread if you wanna move it or make it disappear that's up to you, or even if you wanna restrict my acces that's up in the air, like I said im a noob and want to learn as much as possible about these cars and it is my build thread.

Comment

bad engine #1 cyl gougded

I am giving you a break.... I gave you a heads up before deleting your threads didn't i?.... I don't like deleting members threads but sometimes that's about the only way some members get the message....

But since it's your build thread, I apologize if I came across rude

Just a thought for you though, a different thread title would help show its a build thread... It gives the impression of a repair help kinda thread right now is all which is the reason for my last post.....
            Last edited by Damkid; 10-29-2014, 03:29 PM.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by luisalberto View Post
              I drove this car for 2 weeks 100 miles a day with a messed up cylinder and blowby the #1 cyl and leaking oil, to wich I pulled the engine and found an other festiva engine in a junkyard in Winston-Salem N.C. rebuilt it and jut now its been giving me trouble. the original transmission I resealed it and put it back in the car, to the most resent trouble I had out of it has been that the crankshaft is walking in and out ( I think) making a grinding sound intermittently hen I press the clutch, to wich I thought it was the transmission and I pulled it out opened it up took it apart and found the diff spider gears had too much endplay so I bought a transmission from a buddy of mine for $20 buck and took the diff out and replaced it.

it didn't matter cause the car was till doing the same thing, till last night I removed the oilpan and it had bearing material in it, so im waitng to find the specs so I can do some accurate measuring.
              See if you can find an Aspire engine in the junk yard. Basically same engine with a better head and better pulley's. Also try to find an engine that cam from a 5 speed not an Auto. The auto's spin faster going down the highway and thus wear out faster. The main thing that kills these engines are oil leaks. People run them out of oil and it wears out premature.So if you see one at the JK and its covered in oil Beware.....A dry engine is a good sign
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

whats the difference in the aspire head?
                N3WBI3

Comment

Originally posted by jayber View Post
                  whats the difference in the aspire head?
                  Roller Rockers thats all=less friction
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                    I am giving you a break.... I gave you a heads up before deleting your threads didn't i?.... I don't like deleting members threads but sometimes that's about the only way some members get the message....

But since it's your build thread, I apologize if I came across rude

Just a thought for you though, a different thread title would help show its a build thread... It gives the impression of a repair help kinda thread right now is all which is the reason for my last post.....
                    I thank you for that. and if i put the wrong tittle is cause im at work and its the only chance i have to post cause im on a budget and i only get my 10 min breaks to look for info and post. ill come up with better posts.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                      Roller Rockers thats all=less friction
                      it just so happens that the transsmission i got from the junkyard came out of a 1997 aspire, wich this weekend im going to get it, looks dry and has a bad water pump. you can see the antifreeze leaking out the bottom of the pump. and i guess i should have put my rebuild on the tittle

Comment

Comment

transmission got reealed and head got clean.

Comment

Working...
                          X