Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meepersly
    replied
    OK got some parts still got to do the surgery still waiting on some new tie rod ends to come in the mail, but oh well going to work on the festi tomorrow and add my new parts. Pulling the engine back out and thinking of painting the engine bay. Any ideas on colors? At first I thought black, but that seems too dark for an engine bay.

got a rear wiper, sprayer and pump going to install that too eventually. I also got a keyless locking system with actuators. This will be nice so when I want to get in I don't have to worry about scratching the door with my many keys.
    Last edited by Meepersly; 10-19-2015, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 14carrot
    replied
    Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
    Progress check. Rear main seal replaced and transferring some b3 parts onto the b8. Also tearing apart the festiva. Anyone know an easy way to pop the CV axles out? Mine are really well put in there. Last time I pulled CV axles I used a pry bar.[ATTACH=CONFIG]18654[/ATTACH]
    I wish I could have answered this sooner. I usually undo the strut and sway bar bolts at the hub then push the axle into the trans and very quickly pull straight out. May take a couple tries but usually works first time.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Sadly yes. Thankfully the welding room in the shop will be open by the end of the month so I can cut and ask a guy who welds to weld it back. I'm going to get a new bolt for the inner control arm. So the swap is on hold while I wait for new tie rod ends (needs new ones anyways) and the welding room to be opened.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    The inner control arm bolt has a broken captured nut? Ugh, this is a bad thing. This requires surgery.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Stripped tie rod end bolt and the lower ball joint bar has a had the but inside the frame broken loose.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Wait, what happened?

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Problems now festiva is going to have to sit for a little until I can get some new parts. I need to make sure when people help me they aren't in the habit of loosening bolts with dirt in the threads.IMG_20151013_182620.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    As far as my last post car was in the garage and the garage on base was closed this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• ryanprins13
    replied
    So, how far did ya get this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Well I can make due if that is the case

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Yeah, that should work. The only issue may be alt. belt pulley style. The Aspire will probably have ribbed belt alt pulley. If your b8 is v belt, you'll need to swap the water pump pulley and the alternator pulley from the Aspire on to it. It should all interchange. Worse case scenario, you may need to use the Aspire alternator.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Oh that will work? There is an aspire at the salvage lot! I'll get that and also the brakes swap stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    After 92, all B series Mazda engines have larger (longer and thicker) crank snouts. The pulleys interchange between all the b series engines, but not between big and small nose. You may want to get an aspire crank pulley.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-12-2015, 09:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Meepersly
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    If you cut it off and have a machine shop turn it flat where you cut it, that's better than nothing. Is that engine big or small nose crank?
    I assume you mean the diameter of the crank. I would say yes because the festiva pulley will not fit on it. It is a shame

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    If you cut it off and have a machine shop turn it flat where you cut it, that's better than nothing. Is that engine big or small nose crank?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X