747 the jumbo jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 747 the jumbo jet

I guess I should start an official build thread for my festy. It has been named "THE JUMBO JET" . I picked her up in February 2015 for $200 at a pull a part I have a side job with. It had mud tires and broken cv's other than that it was pretty straight and rust free. Ordered some new axles and grabbed a set of wheels off a geo metro
    [IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm32/cliferton/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/received_10206776738045550.jpeg[/ IMG]

The car was a little scarry to drive around corners with the old tired suspension. So after asking charlie a ton of questions I built my own suspension. I did not take build pics at the time but I did charlies setup with a different design top hat in the rear (I will document this all when I get the suspension apart over the winter) #140 rear springs and #165 in the front.

At this point I had a track weekend pop up. So here we go stock hp, stock brakes, 700 treadwear tires, modified suspension. Braking was a little scarry 10 mins into a session but I had a blast.[IMG]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm32/
    cliferton/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-04/tjdaztszLWPrKExcpNNBxEmu7iH6UxnUbGvDU4xT1dE.jpg[/IMG]

After that an aspire showed up at the pull a part automatic at that. So the festy received a big brake kit and master booster upgrade.

Now more track time. The car at this point is fun to play in. It's not putting down the slowest times at the track but she needs more pony. A tweakish car is the end goal.

But I got a chump car in the works and a couple other projects plus I need to get a hold of about $1000 more items to do what I want to do. So for now a b6ze is going in on stock trans. This should help my hp fix for now and it should put me ina good position to mess with my buddies that all run TTE with NASA .

So now we're up to date. The b6ze build.
    I'll start writing this now and add pics. I am trying to document this build so lol be getting it posted asap
    1990 festiva l (747 the jumbo jet) (b6t & g box)

Picked this up tonight at our club xmas party. Fwd points champ...... The motor swap is getting real close I will have a ton of pics to post soon. I just want to get it done and wrote up as a whole.

1990 festiva l (747 the jumbo jet) (b6t & g box)

Comment

Awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool!
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Well you where fwd champ with the b3 so how's the swap doing?
          I went and watched my first autox yesterday and now I'm pumped I'll be b6d + G series and full advancesuspension. The next race is the 18th I'm so excited.

Comment

Working...
          X