No announcement yet.

Project Slow Festiva - Track Prepped, Daily Driven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha we need to make this its own thread! Mine is not deserving!

CVT sounds amazing, wouldn't even know how to begin to implement that.

the solar power alone would NEVER power festiva, you'd be lucky to pull enough juice to go 5 mph.
    HOWEVER, charging the solar energy over the course of each and every day, and you add some % of range.
    - - for an all out track electric festiva, solar panels would just be heavy and raise the Cg

Comment

Originally posted by RdstrBlk View Post
      Haha we need to make this its own thread! Mine is not deserving!

CVT sounds amazing, wouldn't even know how to begin to implement that.

the solar power alone would NEVER power festiva, you'd be lucky to pull enough juice to go 5 mph.
      HOWEVER, charging the solar energy over the course of each and every day, and you add some % of range.
      - - for an all out track electric festiva, solar panels would just be heavy and raise the Cg
      Look at a snowmobile, start from there? (for the cvt)

Im fully aware of that! Lol.
      I forgot you were going for an electric track festiva, sorry.
      What i was wondering was if you had a 30 or 40 mile commute and parked in the sun when you got to work how much of what you used would be replenished in a 9-12hr work day.
      The plc car has 400watts worth of solar panels. I tried to convince him to make a switch to shut off the alternator and run just on solar when he was looking for more power but i dont think he wanted to. That would be possible, but not a full electric car.
      On that note- on a gas powered festiva with a cage, could you chop part of the roof out, recess 2 solar panels there so there isnt more drag and race a track course with no alternator?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what I have already collected because I've been thinking about this for years audi 4000 quattro rear diff., john deere snowmobile CV drive ,honda g200 engine, and the gm alternator converted to one wire operation for on board charging

What I still need is to score a forklift for the motor ,controller and batteries.

Plan was/is mount the jd driven pulley on the pinion side of the audi diff mount the electric engine on top of the diff. JD drive pulley on the electric motor belt going down to the driven pulley now in my opinion that is a sound start. Fab some axles and this seems like it should drop in almost anything FWD.

My biggest problem is I do not understand how slow or how long you can turn an electric at less than its rated speed.

Someone please point out the flaws and obstacles I am not seeing,so I can have solutions before I have problems.
        The reason I thought conventional gear box is I would be able to choose what gear best matches the motors rated speed in relation to the speed I am driving
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

What about a vfd controller? (Variable frequency drive)
          This one does our 10hp, 220v router moter. Controls speed very well 500-24,000rpm.

What do real electric cars use? Or electric forklifts?
          What about regenerative braking? Is it as easy as attaching large alternators to stub axles in the rear and being able to switch them on and off?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X