Crash + Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash + Build Thread

Don't have a name for this one and not really doing anything new. Figured a condensed thread would do.

This place was my life. Looking back at threads I created, I shared everything with this forum. I'm a little older and smarter now and hope to do at least 50% Advancedynamix type work lol.

Since this chassis will never be a looker like my sig it will serve its purpose as a tool to learn to properly drive a Festiva on the track and maybe some aero development. Eventually i'll build a nice one again.

1991 Festiva with 268k on it. The corner I bashed in had previously been crashed so no big loss there haha.

Advancedynamix suspension. 165/45/15 Nankang Ns2-R on 15x6.5 +35 ebay rims. I only bought them because they almost look like my old ones.

Performance friction pads, aspire brake swap front and rear, sweet gold eBay rotors and wheel studs.

Things left to do: B6D swap, new steering rack, civic radiator, small battery, and lower support mod.

Plans are just to drive the crap out of it and improve my skill as much as possible.

In addition to this I will be installing parts for my 700hp vette build and completing classes for my conceal carry permit. Lots of work to be done!

I crashed because of lift off oversteer, intense rain and lack of skill at Laguna Seca. No injuries.

91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

I liked your old car and well I like the new Festiva, keep sharing what your doing.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Man, I HATE General Motors cars, I trash talk them all the time. I refuse to believe that they have produced that bottom car in your pic. I am positive it is really a Mitsubishi, or Toyota or even Ford Corvette.

Fine, i will admit it, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and I flipping love Vettes. That is one beautiful car.
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Mmmmm nice vette
        Fun track toy festy

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
          I liked your old car and well I like the new Festiva, keep sharing what your doing.
          Thanks!

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
          Man, I HATE General Motors cars, I trash talk them all the time. I refuse to believe that they have produced that bottom car in your pic. I am positive it is really a Mitsubishi, or Toyota or even Ford Corvette.

Fine, i will admit it, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and I flipping love Vettes. That is one beautiful car.
          Yeah if nots a Vette or CTS-V or Silverado I don't care for GM. Haha thanks!
          Originally posted by errjam View Post
          Mmmmm nice vette
          Fun track toy festy
          Living the dream :thumbs_up:
          14 C7 Z51

Comment

Looks like a tire wall test. Now that that's out of the way, it's time for fun!
            We are glad to have you back man! I still remember a 17 YO doing a nice B6t-g series swap by himself in a weekend. I can't wait to see what's in store.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I like those rims!

Curious, your user name "Grey VW" , do you own or have some background with vw's?

Comment

sounds like a good build coming up :happy1:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

glad to have you back bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                    Looks like a tire wall test. Now that that's out of the way, it's time for fun!
                    We are glad to have you back man! I still remember a 17 YO doing a nice B6t-g series swap by himself in a weekend. I can't wait to see what's in store.
                    Tire wall test was a success

Originally posted by wwwdotgov View Post
                    I like those rims!

Curious, your user name "Grey VW" , do you own or have some background with vw's?
                    Thanks! They are from eBay. The VW was my first car and I made this account when I was 16(23 now). I would probably choose a different one now.

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                    sounds like a good build coming up :happy1:
                    Yeah plans got switched. It was impossible to find a B6D, so I grabbed a BP.

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
                    glad to have you back bud!
                    Thanks! I'm glad to be back! Festiva's are awesome.
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post

Yeah plans got switched. It was impossible to find a B6D, so I grabbed a BP.
                      sounds like a better build coming up :happy1: :happy1:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Niiiiiiiice Vette.

Good luck on the build, and, safe driving wishes on the track! htd
                        88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                        88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                        91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                        93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Working...
                        X