the brick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the brick

Just started a conversion on an 89 festival auto fi I am converting to 4 speed. I have an 89 crab 4speed car that is the doner for all parts I need. I ordered a lower mile 1.3 from a salvage yard near me talked to the yard owner and got it for 75 bucks delivered to me it has 100000ish miles can't remember exact mileage but I am happy with what I received mated that with the 4 speed and new clutch have them in the car but not hooked up yet. It is rusty but mostly cosmetic structure is intact lots of dents but it is one festiva that survived from being sent to the scrap yard. I can build it how I want and b proud of what I built . The car has 164000 mi on it and I have pushed it further than I have drove it. Hence the name its the color, of arrow dynamic as, the size of a BRICK.
    Last edited by Jon chapman; 03-07-2017, 09:18 PM.

Great name! You'll have the benefits of an early car with fuel injection and a manual trans, that'll be nice. Also, the 89 fuel injection is rumoured to be tuned for more TQ than the later fuel injection. This should be a nice driving car.
    If you do a lot of highway driving, it's worth sourcing a 5 speed. It's good for almost 10mpg gain at 65+ mph.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

When time and money allow that is my plan for a 5 speed but for now the 4 speed had everything I needed for the swap a 5 speed later will b a cake walk compared to what I have to do right now but when it is all said and done I can say I did it my self . and that is something to be proud of.

Comment

Most certainly so.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Well just an update motor and trans are bolted in axles are changed new rear trans mount and mounted shifter into car twice first time it was backwards so it hit the dash in first and third and sat like it was in nutrial in 24 and reverce still need to deal with clutch and brake pedals but it is coming along also still need to do wireing
          Last edited by Jon chapman; 03-08-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Another update it is now a fire brick had motor fired for first time all b it on starting fluid sounds silly good fronm the couple seconds it ran no noise from engine that it unuasual no rod knock or anything so back to wireing to figure out why the injectors are not fireing prob where I wires the trans in but I will fix it

Comment

Make sure your intake track is hooked up with no holes as well as the afm .
              The afm triggers the fuel pump.
              If that checks out check the main relay on the drivers fender it powers the injectors. Also check your fuseable links.

Comment

Can u elaborate on this relay there was a relay there but I took it off because there were no wires to hook to it after I changed the trans pigtail

Comment

Square relay that bolts to a bracket over the radiator over flow tank. Round plug. The wire it plugs into should not have anything to do with the trans. The auto trans is not electronicly controlled. Hope that helps.
                  Last edited by william; 03-12-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

It had the nutrial switch and other stuff in it along with that plug the one off of the 4 speed car had the wire harness for the sensors on trans without that plug and relay. But now it runs on its own.

Comment

Update all fluids full and radiator from auto installed starts wit key every time down to pedals exhaust then rust repair woo hoo.

Comment

Nice!
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

1489532335248-1386442379.jpg

Comment

Exhaust done sound good idles around 750 to 800 rpm now for the pedles 220 lbs 6 foot tall I don't fit under dash very well

Comment

14895327315931166360694.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X