B6-ZE swap into 88 Carb'd Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6-ZE swap into 88 Carb'd Festiva

First of my introduction, Hi I've owned many cars so far in my time and i usually fix them and flip them with the few that i have fallen in love with and keep. i currently own an 81 f150 farm truck a 2005 white lancer es, a grey 2007 lancer es (totaled), a 2004 Lancer Ralliart (my DD) 2 88 Festiva's one white (base) one black (lx)

This is my Festiva build, I bought this festiva from the member Deliverance in April or May. he got me into the festiva world with his killer b6d carby swap. so ever since I've been hanging around him, I wanted a festiva, when he bought my Festiva (Betty White ) she had a 1.3 carby 4 speed. the cam was cracked and timing was off. we put a cam in from his old b3 and the timing gear, ran Great!! but the next day that cam stripped the gear off and cracked. after i looked into it the journals used for the cam in the head were messed up pretty bad causing the cam to bind and break off the bolt and cam key. So we took the head off of Deliverance's old b3 ( even though we already robbed the cam) and i got a gasket kit put the new head on. bought a new cam and got a cam gear/bolt from the festiva member ( w4rkry ) which he was awesome about! well once i got everything and got the car running. i found out the head was warped on cylinder 3 thus blowing the head gasket..... at this point i was rather upset cause i just wanted to drive the dang car!! so talking to another forum member, not sure of forum name but i met him through my work before i even knew of festiva's. his name is Bob K. awesome guy. well i got a new head from him off of a newer b3. came with cam and HLA's. so i got another new head gasket kit, and took that head to the shop had it cleaned and decked for peace of mind. and once again tore the car apart put a new head on and cleaned up the bay a little. got it timed and running. this time it was a success!!!! so even though it sounds like a bad diesel it runs. now the issue is the carb. needs rebuilt\re-tuned... so instead of messing with this b3 any longer i decided to go with the FI engine swap, but on the peninsula its hard to find a Capri for the engine swap. so recently i found a b6ze from a 90 miata that i will rebuild and drop in Betty White here. giving her a new heart so she can run wild.

okay I have spent the last week at work reading whatever i could scoop up on the B6-ZE Miata motor swap into the festiva. or at least everything easily found.

So far in my free time i have been updating the features on Betty while i research. She now has

Defroster
    Tilt Wheel
    Power Mirrors

So compiling a list of things needed for this swap from various threads heres what i have gathered, (if im missing something please let me know so i can gather whats needed before i swap! Much appriciated)

b6ze motor ( picking up this weekend)
    FI harness\Ecu\Distributor from b3 ( getting from the JY festiva near my place )
    Using oil pan from the b3 because the ZE pan is different due to rwd
    5 speed cable trans from my black Lx model
    Capri intake mani, with b3 throttle body and injectors ( buying off Facebook festiva page today)
    Capri Exhaust mani(need to locate)
    Capri valve cover (need to locate)
    engine mount from Charlie ( need to talk to him but Deliverance told me hes the man)
    b3 VAF, (JY car again)
    use my b3 inlet ( plug the hole from the miata inlet on the front of the engine)
    Various new sensors etc...
    Inline 255lph walbro ( chosen to run an inline fuel pump rather then getting a gastank and hardlines)

So far this is what I'm coming up with I'm sure there has to be more to it any help would be really appreciated and id love the veterans to chime in.

I have a whole load of pictures of what i have already done and in general just of the car but i work at a prison and the photos are on my phone which i cant bring inside the prison for obvious reasons lol. When i get home this evening i will post photos of the vehicle and its current standings.
    Last edited by xXxEpicxXx; 08-17-2017, 01:30 PM.
    1988 White 4 speed Festiva (L)
    1988 Black 5 speed Festiva (LX)

ALSO
    2005, 2007 Lancer ES
    2004 Lancer Ralliart
    1981 F-150 351m

Wow, what a way to start the Festiva game! I am going to follow this one for sure. I'm glad to hear the cam gear worked out, if only for a short while
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Originally posted by w4rkry View Post
      Wow, what a way to start the Festiva game! I am going to follow this one for sure. I'm glad to hear the cam gear worked out, if only for a short while
      The cam gear i got From you is still on and running on the current motor it was the cam gear from Deliverance's motor that broke.

ALSO
      2005, 2007 Lancer ES
      2004 Lancer Ralliart
      1981 F-150 351m

Comment

Well yesterday was very eventful, we travel more or less 8 hours getting parts together. so I picked up a full b6ze engine along with a spare b6ze block and long nose crank that looks wonderful. and an extra b6ze head and intake. what did all these parts cost me? 100$ for the full engine (head looks immaculate by the way!!) and $6.68 ish for the spare block/crank/head (price of a large fry and a mcflurry). along with my parts me and deliverance went to check out a 92 blue festiva but we didn't end up with it and we went and got his wheels from a friends house total round trip from Port Angeles to port orchard ... from port orchard to Renton.... from Renton to Snohomish.... from Snohomish to Everett... from Everett back to port Angeles. left at 10am got home and unloaded at 9 pm so very long day but much progress on getting ready to swap in the b6!!

sorry again for no pics since I'm at work (prison) I will upload them from my home computer once I get off

ALSO
        2005, 2007 Lancer ES
        2004 Lancer Ralliart
        1981 F-150 351m

Comment

pm'd

Comment

so here's some photos of the old girl
            this is bringing her home after her first break down on the first day driving from deliverances

got her in the garage to check her out

cracked her open and the cam broke off again like it was when deliverance got it

new used head from deliverances old b3

new cam in (blurry photo oil on the lense)

going back together

after it was done being all put back together i found out the head was warped... so once again a month later when i had the time re tear down
            heres the restart...

ripped the warped head off

head i got from Bob Kiddy back from being decked and cleaned

installed

after all was back together runs great just sounds like a diesel haha

ALSO
            2005, 2007 Lancer ES
            2004 Lancer Ralliart
            1981 F-150 351m

Comment

Now for this weekends updates!!! just a couple pictures of the pair i own and what i picked up !!!
              so here's some photos of the old girl

Here is my 107 dollar pick up whole b6ze engine and spare block long nose crank and head

check out how immaculate this freaking head is I'm excited to crack open this block!!!

thats it for now will be going to do more work on it this weekend!

ALSO
              2005, 2007 Lancer ES
              2004 Lancer Ralliart
              1981 F-150 351m

Comment

Working...
              X