Putting her back on the road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting her back on the road.

I've come back to these forums a couple of weeks ago because I need to get my festiva back on the road with the California gas prices jumping up $0.30 in a month. She had a head gasket pop on me 2014 and I parked her because I got a better job bought a b2200 in the meantime. Funny thing is I would not have bought the Mazda truck if I had not become so familiar with festivas and proteges and Miatas oh my… the whole family. My humble opinion is a Mazda truck is just as reliable and bulletproof as your Toyota from the same year range. You still see em everywhere out in the southwest. The production numbers were so much smaller so that's another nod.
    I threw in the Civic radiator because I did not have a radiator that held. the seam split and my other Festiva radiator was super rusty and I do not trust it.
    I had an Aspire radiator but it needed modification to make fit, so why not use a Civic radiator? After cutting a bunch of hoses up, making a couple of mods, sawing off the bypass Outlet about 6 in, it fits just fine… after relocating an Overkill fan on the other side as a pusher.
    Today February 15th I decided to go to my local Pick-A-Part that I've never been to. It' female owned. it is paved! They have shopping carts like the ones in LA County! she has flowers and plants all over this place. she makes planters out of tires that are painted pretty colors, sure a different sight.

So online they have an inventory. They had a blue Festiva that was automatic with tach cluster so I took time out of my morning to go. Unfortunately the listing was from late January so I'm behind the game about 3 weeks. So long story short I get to the car and there's no tach cluster. I slammed the door, look in the back seat and there he is! Whoever tried to score it cracked the plastic on it and gave up. Fine by me. It's only got 94,000 miles; super low. Good morning like these brings all the goofy excitement back for junky cars. The search and the rewards far more exciting than driving the car in day to day grind as there is a future to the car unlike the job heh.
    Next is to lower the car a tad, do all the bushings, get some Kia strut mounts, and mount my mag wheels off a Datsun. They're going to stick out a lot but I have the Miata flares ready to go.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!
Working...
X