1.3 head on a 1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.3 head on a 1.6

Can I run a 1.3 head on a 1.6 using .042 head gasket and raised Ross Racing pistons

Wonder what the benefits of that would be :???:
    Following >.>
    ☠ 87 Toyota Tercel [Lil Terc] (RIP)
    ✪ 91 Ford Festiva [Festive Car]
    ✪ 19__ ______ ________ _ [REDACTED]

IG: _lil_terc_

Comment

Pretty sure none. iirc the 1.3 head has smaller valves and crappier ports.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by Kbaker2012 View Post
        Can I run a 1.3 head on a 1.6 using .042 head gasket and raised Ross Racing pistons
        Try it and report back. That's a very specific question.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I can't see why you would want to do that,you mentioned racing pistons and then you are throwing on a head that does not have any race porting angle cleanup springs or race valves to compliment? No engines are the same from Brand to brand but that seems backwards most people throw money at head work and leave the bottom in stock up to a point especially naturally aspirated. With turbo you are going to want new pistons and might be able to leave the head alone but if it's terrible flow it needs to be addressed too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
          1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
          X