Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update... Ran again tonight (6/10/05)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update... Ran again tonight (6/10/05)...

I have a B6 SOHC Festiva w/K&N filter FMS Exhaust and MSD Coil otherwise stock engine... And I ran a 16.42 @ 82.46mph.. Not too bad for my first time dragging it and a horrible launch (~2.5 60ft)

Conditions: Below sealevel, 70 degrees, 80-85% humidity, hot engine.

My slip can be found on my site:

8)
    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

That is a good time. I want to do a b6 festy, with webbers! I like your car.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708975

http://p074.ezboard.com/ffordfestiva...picID=92.topic

Comment

damn pretty good for the first time. 60' honestly isn't too terrible, you gotta remember that it takes power as well as traction to get out of the hole quickly. What are you doing next thursday? The clutch in the Bug will be broken in by then and I plan on running.

Comment

I plan on driving once again either Atco or E-town 8) I just have to get this charging issue figured out... My charge light comes on past 4.5 grand... I think there must be a bad ground... -Kyle

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Comment

Tonight I ran a 16.18 @ 82.8 mph... 2.319 60ft... 8)

Or...

Or...

-Kyle

Comment

Nice dude!!! And thats still not too great of a 60' either, if you can work that down to a 2.2/2.1 that should give you the steam for a high 15... which, considering how little is done to that engine is pretty damn good! Wish I could have been there but technology foiled my plans once again

Comment

It's cool man, next time there is always next time... And thanks for all 120+ views and all 3 replies.. Now I see why people don't post their shit. Thanks to everyone who did -Kyle

Comment

Get a cargo strap and tie your rear suspension in compression... and youll get a 2.1 second 60 foot.

Make sure you shift at redline though... or else if you shift before the first 60 feet, youll get a bad time. Thats what I found I was doing wrong.
                * Retired Festiva-er*
                1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I'm just finishing up my Jap Carb'd B6. I can't wait to see what it runs. I have a Holley 5200, ported intake, upgraded ignition and Genie B6 Header. (Not to mention a car with no interior other than the dash and driver's seat). I was hoping for 16's, but from this post looks like I could be breaking into the 15's (If I can get the 13X5.5's to hook up). I can't wait to get to the track! Results to follow soon.
                  www.4carguys.com
                  1989 SCCA Ford Festiva - SOLD
                  2009 Ford Fusion Sport

Comment

Goodluck man! And let me know how it goes! My times might be a bit faster than what most will find because of the elevation... Conditions at either Atco or E-town are ideal for quick times... -Kyle

Comment

Working...
                    X