I ran a 7.5 @ 94 mph in the 1/8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran a 7.5 @ 94 mph in the 1/8th

On my vmax :lol: tonight at the track. This was my first time racing anything at any track ever. It was a blast. I spun a few times. Then I started doing burn outs. That helped me hook. My first run was like 7.89 I think. The best was 7.5. I'll take a pic of my best slip and post asap. Good times!! :twisted: 8)
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

sweet...I bet it was a thrill! Why only an 1/8th mile? I amsure that thing is just getting cranked up by then....lol
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

That's all we have within a couple of hours from here. No 1/4 mile for a long way.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

94mph in 1/8 mile... not too shabby!

our local strip is only 1/8 mile too, its actually an airport and just a strip one sunday a month... i was flying out of there this AM actually, their having a race tomorow, wish i could go i've never gone!
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Let me guess... Shelor Motor Mile Dragway? Not a bad track from what I've heard. The stands there are very good for spectating. Alot of fun all in all... Do you have a pic of the Vmax? -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Yep Shelor, Don't know how I missed this reply for so long but here she is.

Comment

Nice Bike!!!
              Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
              99 Dodge Caravan SE
              95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
              94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
              78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
              78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
              03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
              95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
              95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
              95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

nice bike paul i'd seen a pic before but that was a long time ago :-) can't wait to get my new toy to the track its a v4 also but alas it is a honda and not the mighty vmax :-( still sounds wicked though even though its the baby magna (500cc), can't wait to find a set of 4-4 pipes for it. Now if i can just get the carbs cleaned out where it'll go over 4500 RPMs without cutting out... Oh yeah and get the clutch and brake MCs back on, those come in handy quite often ;-). But thanks for posting this you've given me a bit more inspiration to work on it more with the track times an pic :-)
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Magnas are sweet! I also posted vids of the second trip to the track here,....

Comment

Those v-max's are sweet , Its on my wish list for when turning becomes less important .
                    But with the Big bang R1 and possibility of the v4/5 in the rc or cbr from honda who knows .
                    04 Honda CBR1000RR 156HP @ the wheel
                    97 Aspire 5 speed with the will start now and slipping clutch mods .

Comment

I remember those vids. All I ever here is that poor shovels clutch frying.

Comment

Working...
                      X