No announcement yet.

Trackday, My First HPDE Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love my modded festiva and would gladly take it to the track against any thing. win or lose i came to run. i guess i am gonna have to make up some videos and post up.
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

no 3 wheel action?
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

it was 295 for the whole day, about 4 hours track time and lots of instruction. Also
        after the class you come back for open practice sessions. 20 mins for 25 bucks. After
        10 sessions you take a driving test then move on to level 2. below is a link to the school
        The best part is the pay as you go structure of the school. Instead of 3-4 grand for one
        weekend you pay for the class and come back at your leisure for practice. They also offer spec Miatas for rent if you don't have a setup car.

Driveway Austin is a world-class motorsports training facility and race track venue. Join us for our racing and tactical driving classes, Time Attacks and Sunday afternoon highspeed gokart racing! We are also highly sought after as a​ premier film location and setting for corporate events in Austin.

IMO it is the most fun for your racing dollar almost anywhere in the world.

As far as weight removal goes I took out everything not required for the car to run. Heater, HVAC, dash supports, interior, and even about 10 LBS of wire from the harness.

I recently gutted the doors and cut out the hood supports. Now I weigh 1750 with me
        and almost a full tank. Soon plexi rear windows and a gutted hatch should drop another 50 pounds or so. Then 100 LBS of cage will put it right back in, but that is next year.

No Aspire swap, no rear bar, no three wheeling.

- Chris
        Last edited by floydiancomplex; 03-05-2009, 09:54 PM.
        Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
        - Dennis Grant
        FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Working...
        X