What Will I run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Will I run?

Well guy theres a cruise night at the locate drag strip near me next saturday... I plan on taking my Festiva there since iv done all the work to it....

Just wondering what I'll do in the quarter...

Upgrades:
    -B6
    -was auto, swapped to 5 spd.
    -FMS comp cam,
    -FMS light weight flywheel
    -cold air (filter is down beside transmission, slightly off to the side of the rad)
    -gutted interior, two seater, origonal dash components.
    - 12" directional winter tires on steelies!
    -CHEAP coil over kit (going to replace with either FMS springs or the tein kit next year)

Not sure if theres anything i missed....

Any inputs?? whats everyones guess?? I'm hoping around 16... Am I off with getting my hopes up for that time? ... i have never ran it at the track before. I have ran other cars but never a 5 speed.... ( I fear the slow shifts to be my down fall)
    1990 Festiva
    - 5 spd. swap
    - B6 SOHC swap
    - Custom Interior
    **********Currently Under MAJOR Reconstruction ************

Originally posted by canadianfestiva View Post
    Well guy theres a cruise night at the locate drag strip near me next saturday... I plan on taking my Festiva there since iv done all the work to it....

Just wondering what I'll do in the quarter...

Upgrades:
    -B6
    -was auto, swapped to 5 spd.
    -FMS comp cam,
    -FMS light weight flywheel
    -cold air (filter is down beside transmission, slightly off to the side of the rad)
    -gutted interior, two seater, origonal dash components.
    - 12" directional winter tires on steelies!
    -CHEAP coil over kit (going to replace with either FMS springs or the tein kit next year)

Not sure if theres anything i missed....

Any inputs?? whats everyones guess?? I'm hoping around 16... Am I off with getting my hopes up for that time? ... i have never ran it at the track before. I have ran other cars but never a 5 speed.... ( I fear the slow shifts to be my down fall)
    yeah i would think u will, according to a 1/4 mile calculator u could be running maybe even in the 15's but it would depend on ur shifts of course and those calculators can be off
    (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
    95k Original miles
    New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

If you get descent 60' times you could be in the 15s but with those tires, I don't think you will get the traction you need.
      The Festiva Store
      Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

reaction time is a big factor also. if you get that down you should get close to that time.
        Jason
        wishing i had a festi again

Comment

rt has nothing to do with et.

you should get a vid if you can too. Something about pregnant roller skates going down the drag strip puts a smile on my face.
          91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
          00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
          88 gtx
          74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

15's with a sohc B6? i'd have to see that to beleive it

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Man .... Im so excited to run!!! I raced my buddys lumina light to light and pulled a car or more on him... he shut up about my car pretty quickly lol the next person I want to race is my buddy, hes got an impala 3.8.... he's always talking trash about four cylinders. And hes comming to the track!!! my first race.... I want to race him!!! I think it will be a close race... someone told him a stock impala will do a 16.3.... I want it to be either close or beat him lol next year... nitrous...
              1990 Festiva
              - 5 spd. swap
              - B6 SOHC swap
              - Custom Interior

Comment

For real! Try to get a video. Good luck!
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

silv3rbull3t ran a 15.9 but he had the 16 valve version. I'd be shocked if you turn a 16.3 et with those winter tires.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

hmmm I guess we'll have to see.... so you thin higher than 16.3 wes??

honda accords came with 14" steel rims right? I might try to find some 14's before I go...
                    All I need is 2 rims and tires....
                    1990 Festiva
                    - 5 spd. swap
                    - B6 SOHC swap
                    - Custom Interior

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfestiva View Post
                      hmmm I guess we'll have to see.... so you thin higher than 16.3 wes??

honda accords came with 14" steel rims right? I might try to find some 14's before I go...
                      All I need is 2 rims and tires....
                      so curious what u ended up running
                      (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
                      95k Original miles
                      New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Actualy I haven't run yet. its this comming saturday..... I'm bringing a video camera too. SO I might have a decent video to post online for you guys!
                        1990 Festiva
                        - 5 spd. swap
                        - B6 SOHC swap
                        - Custom Interior

Comment

Well guys, unfortunately it got rained out last weekend. At this point in time (because I'm in college) I can only afford to have one car on the road at a time. and the fact insurance companies are rip offs lol I parked my baby after driving it around town this weekend. So I guess I won't find out this year what the car will run.
                          1990 Festiva
                          - 5 spd. swap
                          - B6 SOHC swap
                          - Custom Interior

Comment

Working...
                          X