Bp 1/4 mile time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bp 1/4 mile time

HI, i was just wondering what people were running with a Bp and what tranny they used. My guess would be that you could get it into the 14's. Is this correct?
    Tim S

i would think so with your basic mods and decent tires. i think egts ran 15.6-16.0 from the factory and they have a few hundred more pouunds...
    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
    88 gtx
    74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

800 lbs more!
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

15.771 - That was on the Festiva trans and running 15" wheels and tires.

I've got a set of 13's that I'm mounting for this season and I'll see what it runs.
        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

i ran 16.0 with an f-series tranny, bad clutch and bad suspension

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I think traction holds most festy's back. Especially when theyre running over double stock power levels.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

i ran my bp aspire with f series in the 1/8 i ran 10.0 i dont know what it would run in a 1/4

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                I think traction holds most festy's back. Especially when theyre running over double stock power levels.
                Thats what im thinking as well.
                Tim S

Comment

do you think that with 13" wheels, a stiffer suspension, a stage 1 or 2 clutch and a good tune up/ overhaul that 14's are a possibility?
                  also (possibly dumb question) how much of a difference would the transmission make?
                  Tim S

Comment

according to this chart, a rough estimate, it would be a 15.60... http://www.geocities.com/allstangs/Page.htm

maybe ill test the waters.... I have a festy that doesnt know what it wants in it yet lol, bp, and a g25mr tranny. Maybe Ill put that combo in after I get the brake lines finished. Then when the lsd that I order is produced and shipped out Ill drop out the tranny and have that installed and see how much more that helps. I just need to stop being lazy and work on things lol.
                    Last edited by niklid05; 03-13-2009, 06:46 PM.
                    91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                    00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                    88 gtx
                    74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

The best trans for drag racing is the auto.
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Originally posted by Slyder View Post
                        HI, i was just wondering what people were running with a Bp and what tranny they used. My guess would be that you could get it into the 14's. Is this correct?
                        bucks in winnipeg has a bp if your looking for one
                        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                        RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by stefan View Post
                          bucks in winnipeg has a bp if your looking for one
                          ok thanks!

Im actually contemplating on going to the mpi auctions this week and picking up a protege lx. I just need to convince my dad that its a good idea to have 5 vehicles on the drive way
                          Tim S

Comment

do you think that with 13" wheels, a stiffer suspension, a stage 1 or 2 clutch and a good tune up/ overhaul that 14's are a possibility?
                            also (possibly dumb question) how much of a difference would the transmission make?
                            gear ratio. my car has the gm25r tranny with the 4.11 r&p and it accelerates like a scalded ape.

also traction is a big issue. wheel hop mostly. when i try to even do a burn out it hops like crazy and will not sit still and smoke the tires. ill post a vid of the burnout attempts next week.
                            Last edited by gorgonheimer; 03-13-2009, 10:24 PM.
                            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                            88? Parts car-sold
                            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

ok thanks!

Im actually contemplating on going to the mpi auctions this week and picking up a protege lx. I just need to convince my dad that its a good idea to have 5 vehicles on the drive way
                              having the hole car makes the swap a lot easier. then you can use a lot of the plugs for the wiring and also the shifter and ecu and just lots of stuff.
                              Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                              88? Parts car-sold
                              91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                              86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                              1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Working...
                              X