Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mextiva and Turbostive 12.7 wow, I'm coming for you. We have some dang quick Festy's here. Looks like 12.7 is the time to beat. Don't know if I can do it, but I'm shooting for a time in the 12's. I'm just waiting on my motor to get done, do the exhaust, turbo, and downpipe and I will break her in and then I'm headed for the track. I got my work cut out to catch you guys at 12.7 sec, but I sure am gonna try. Looks like 12.7 is the time to beat. Congrats on these great times guys.

Comment

Your probably going to need in the 200 HP range for a 12 second run. Good luck I'm looking forward to see what its capable of.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

12's from a 1.3 would be awesome! I hope to see you do it just to prove it can be done!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
          Mextiva and Turbostive 12.7 wow, I'm coming for you. We have some dang quick Festy's here. Looks like 12.7 is the time to beat. Don't know if I can do it, but I'm shooting for a time in the 12's. I'm just waiting on my motor to get done, do the exhaust, turbo, and downpipe and I will break her in and then I'm headed for the track. I got my work cut out to catch you guys at 12.7 sec, but I sure am gonna try. Looks like 12.7 is the time to beat. Congrats on these great times guys.
          Dude if you run 13's in that 1.3 it will be great, I will be going to the track after I break in the LS2 280Z.I will take it to the exhaust shop on friday!
          06 vw Bora
          09 Nissan Versa
          fastest B6T is back!!!
          http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

I'm about to have a nervous breakdown waiting on my ride, we're hoping its done aroung April 15th. Parts were lost in the mail, just my luck :cry:
            Waiting on a shipment to come in, hope we get her done soon. I wanna trip folks out with this 1.3. I think it will surprise alot of you, noone has attempted the things being done in the Festy that are being done to my 1.3. She will be quick, just hang tight. Getting it in the 12's will be a challenge, we have some quick cars here that even amaze me, but I'm hopeful to atleast place my time in the official "Fastest Times." Be praying for us we need it, and need to get this car done. I have a show to goto May 6th. Ugggg... For now I sandblasted my images on the back and recarpeted <-----What a pain that was!
            I'm trying to be cool with the mechanic/friend, he will get her done and amaze some folks here I assure you

Comment

for those guys running 12s, what are your 60'?

For this year, I'm not too worried what my car runs, i know it should be 14s with stock b6t, but than I also will have 50 shot NOS, but for next years, im gonna shoot for 11s..... don't ask how lol, i dont know, but i want an 11 sec festy and IF everything goes well with swap this year, I WILL be doing big turbo upgrade next year.... my only concern is traction...... I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
              to those running 12s or even 13s, 14s, and 15s, thats pretty damn good for a festiva

This is awsome when you tell someone you have a 12 second festiva, and they get in the car with you because they think its not true, than you make them pee their pants hahahah... festivas are best cars ever, I don't care what anyone says....

Comment

Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
                I'm about to have a nervous breakdown waiting on my ride, we're hoping its done aroung April 15th. Parts were lost in the mail, just my luck :cry:
                Waiting on a shipment to come in, hope we get her done soon. I wanna trip folks out with this 1.3. I think it will surprise alot of you, noone has attempted the things being done in the Festy that are being done to my 1.3. She will be quick, just hang tight. Getting it in the 12's will be a challenge, we have some quick cars here that even amaze me, but I'm hopeful to atleast place my time in the official "Fastest Times." Be praying for us we need it, and need to get this car done. I have a show to goto May 6th. Ugggg... For now I sandblasted my images on the back and recarpeted <-----What a pain that was!
                I'm trying to be cool with the mechanic/friend, he will get her done and amaze some folks here I assure you
                Do you have the specs on your engine?
                Are you going to use the Festiva tranny and is it going to be a built one?
                I would also be shooting for at least low 12'a thats going to be your time to beat.but like said above if you hit a 13 even with a 1.3 your going to be respected by lots of poeple.
                I hope to finish the Z too I have a show coming the 29th of april,I just ordered some parts for the costum rear end.it was supposed to go to the exhaus shop this friday and now its going next friday,the good part is that the guy doing my swap is going to work on other parts he was leaving for last.I hope its done before the show!

festonos:you can check out the 60 foot on the timeslip I posted.
                06 vw Bora
                09 Nissan Versa
                fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

We think the stock tranny will hold up as long as I don't launch from a stand still. I will run a quarter a few times once its all together but after that the car will have disguised power for those Honda's that pull up next to me :twisted: My tech got some good metal so he's going to probably put in a brace too to keep that frame from twisting and too keep the front end from wanting to tear off. He thinks we might be able to put it in the 12's <------ remains to be seen, but I have "808 Built" behind the wrenches so we'll see what can be done. My tech as I mentioned had a Toyota Corolla "Non-NOS" that did a 1/4 mi in 10.7 !!!!!!!.... No joke
                  He's a wizard, so lets see what he can come up with. He may not allow me to disclose all secrets, but I will try to instruct folks on how to get a 1.3 to "move out" the best I can. His works are often secret to the racing world, but is well known in building custom 4 cyl. motors.
                  As to the tranny I'm going stock for now and may upgrade or have a spare on hand at all times, the car will have power and speed off the line.
                  His secret 12 point port and polish is going to be done. Maybe 1 or 2 in the state of NM know how to do it, old school mechanics may know how, but a 12 point port polish, turbo and Flowmaster will get my Festiva to move.
                  I am going to see him in the next few days and I will try to bleed him for info. I think this will be "New" and "Exotic" for the Festiva and may inspire folks to try some different things to get "1 quick Festiva."
                  Mextiva I dont know if I can hang with your times or others here, However I wanna give new idea's for folks here at FF.com in tuning.
                  We have talent here, its nice to be inspired by you all, I like seeing folks pee their pants when then get wanted by a Festy.......
                  We need more tuners, we have many but I hope we can get more.
                  I hope I can even trip out XPNSYD with my mods to the 1.3.
                  As soon as the motor is done I will have pics, and will try to explain the best I can my engine.
                  Lets get more folks in this topic...... lets shoot for great cars w/great times.
                  You will get more from me in my topic in "Custom Drivetrain" this forum is for "great times in the 1/4 mile." so I will have posts in my link "Porting and Polishing the stock 1.3 and turbo."
                  My next post in this forum topic I hope is a remarkable time in a 1.3

Joe A hopeful 12 sec

Comment

Jim's Festiva (TURBOFEST) who used to be YELLOW90LPLUS

B6T FORD FESTIVA
                    13.46 @ 99.8 [STOCK SWAP w/ Festy Trans]
                    Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

We think the stock tranny will hold up as long as I don't launch from a stand still.
                      I'm not trying to down your progress at all since it will be an awesome accomplishment either way but I do have some concerns with what you are saying...
                      How do you expect to make 12 sec passes without launching or without slicks?? I don't believe there is a Festiva that will be capable of that FWD... Way too much wheelspin. Plus to get a 12 sec pass the B6T guys are launching VERY close to redline... And launching in the quarter needs to be perfect to get the best time out of your car. Also, what clutch are you using?? The stock one most certainly will not hold up... -Kyle
                      Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Kyle said it...

13.4 @ 99.8

- stock swap / stock boost / stock ecu etc. etc.
                        - open d.p.
                        - 20" slicks
                        - aspire tranny

I can upload a video of the run...but i have no idea how to do it...If somebody wants to school me on how to do this, i will be more than happy to post it up. I actually have a bunch of videos.

Pic of the timeslip to come...

ALPHA RACING
                        B6T FORD FESTIVA
                        13.46 @ 99.8 [STOCK SWAP w/ Festy Trans]

Comment

Way too much wheelspin. Plus to get a 12 sec pass the B6T guys are launching VERY close to redline... And launching in the quarter needs to be perfect to get the best time out of your car.

I just wanted to say that some of those runs were in 2nd gear due to no tracktion and yes you need to up the rpms (they were in the 5k range) if your launching in 2nd gear.However the launches in first gear were below 4k, even with those 20x6x14 slick's the car had lots of wheel spin.
                          06 vw Bora
                          09 Nissan Versa
                          fastest B6T is back!!!

Comment

I will only launch the car a few times, i dont drag much, but desire a powerful ride. I will goto the drags eventually but not on a regular basis.
                            I understand your concerns, guess we will find out what a 1.3 is capable of.

Comment

Re: ..

Originally posted by mattswabb
                              Originally posted by Fastiva604
                              i ran a 14.1 at 101.75 i will post time slip for you guys
                              Also post a quick description of your setup
                              at the time it was...

g25 mr trans
                              cone filter
                              vj14/11 hybrid
                              reich racing ecu
                              15 psi
                              2 1/2" exhaust
                              turbo xs type h bov
                              feramic clutch disc stock pressure plate
                              street tires... 2.5 60 foot time..
                              1.6 liter bowtie eater

Comment

Slips and continous video of the drag run make it " official ", otherwise we have to rely on the honor system ( which by now, we know doesn't work with everyone on this forum ).

Video means no cutscenes, shots of people's feet, shaky to point of being unrecognizable, etc.
                                Rich Norman
                                5 Festivas:
                                1992 L - Daily Driver
                                1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                                1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                                1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                                1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

Working...
                                X