This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update.............

Tonight I ran a 13.38 @ 104.4 I'll get pics up tomorrow.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

• Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      Tonight I ran a 13.38 @ 104.4 I'll get pics up tomorrow.
      Oh man, with Megasquirt you'll break into the 12s on your first try....
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        Oh man, with Megasquirt you'll break into the 12s on your first try....
        I think I'm gonna get 12's before MS.
        -Greg
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09

Comment

• woot!

Comment

• Rootin' for ya GREG!!!!!!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I think I'm gonna get 12's before MS.
              With more boost? Seems like you'd hafta do something to it. That seems like a big jump to make with just better launches.
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• Originally posted by resuwrecked View Post
                woot!
                WooT WooT....RuN YoUr cAr !!!! I know it's fast !

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                Rootin' for ya GREG!!!!!!
                Thanks Paul. Remind me about that tranny. < now I'll remember How's your bp car?

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                With more boost? Seems like you'd hafta do something to it. That seems like a big jump to make with just better launches.
                Maybe ..... This Sunday is "Funday Sunday" @ OSW. Rumor has it that sunday is a great day to run because of a couple reasons....been warned of breakage ;(

1. Lot's of rubber left on the track from the saturday night NHRA events= Traction

2. Better prep than regular test and tune. = traction

3.Lot's of cars so more cool down time 8) = cool motor/happy motor

4. I got a few "lightweight" parts. I was thinking about taking my hitch off (-20 lbs.)and putting manual belts in it (-18ish lbs.). Maybe even put some stock wheels on the back? Stock are 20 lbs. each and mine are 38 lbs. each

5. I have a friend coming so I don't have to carry tools down the track (-25 lbs.)

I've really been paying attention to what mph cars are doing, and I've seen quite a few cars go into the high 12's with about the same mph. If I can get a better 60' I think it's possible to get CLOSER to the 12's.

Tom I'm by no means suggesting that you do this but I'm getting away with 8 degrees BTDC on 93 octane with no ping. If I remember correct yours is 3 or so degrees. Mine gets warm too because I run the a/c everyday. Still no ping.
                Last edited by eurotiva; 04-29-2010, 09:43 PM.
                -Greg
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09

Comment

Thanks Paul. Remind me about that tranny. < now I'll remember How's your bp car?
                  Thanks! Waiting on wiring, and a few loose ends. Mostly done though.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Greg until u hop up in that announcers booth and smack the fiesta out of him im not running there ahaha every time you run he calls it a fiesta ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PS : freakin sweet times ur putting down homie
                    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
                      Greg until u hop up in that announcers booth and smack the fiesta out of him im not running there ahaha every time you run he calls it a fiesta ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Give me the phone number! I will let him know!!!

Comment

• I mean come on chevette corvette whatever, close enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
                          Greg until u hop up in that announcers booth and smack the fiesta out of him im not running there ahaha every time you run he calls it a fiesta ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dude I took a sharpie and put stars and spelled festiva "Festeeeeeeva NOT fiesta !!!! " on my sign up sheet. Thanks and we need to run your car. You gonna show sunday?

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                          Give me the phone number! I will let him know!!!
                          Orlando Speed World....407-568-2717.

Send them a picture of yourself first You've got that mean look
                          -Greg
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09

Comment

Maybe ..... This Sunday is "Funday Sunday" @ OSW. Rumor has it that sunday is a great day to run because of a couple reasons....been warned of breakage ;(

1. Lot's of rubber left on the track from the saturday night NHRA events= Traction

2. Better prep than regular test and tune. = traction

3. Lot's of cars so more cool down time 8) = cool motor/happy motor

4. I got a few "lightweight" parts. I was thinking about taking my hitch off (-20 lbs.)and putting manual belts in it (-18ish lbs.). Maybe even put some stock wheels on the back? Stock are 20 lbs. each and mine are 38 lbs. each

5. I have a friend coming so I don't have to carry tools down the track (-25 lbs.)

I've really been paying attention to what mph cars are doing, and I've seen quite a few cars go into the high 12's with about the same mph. If I can get a better 60' I think it's possible to get CLOSER to the 12's.

Tom I'm by no means suggesting that you do this but I'm getting away with 8 degrees BTDC on 93 octane with no ping. If I remember correct yours is 3 or so degrees. Mine gets warm too because I run the a/c everyday. Still no ping.
                            Yeah, all those things together should certainly get you closer, maybe even actually do the trick. 99 pounds less and better traction sounds good!

What is your boost, if you're running 8 degrees on 93 octane? I'd like to put in 5 more degrees too if there's no problem. My spare is a 12" stocker, and I'll bring another if you can't find one down there, for when I go to the track with you.

I just put on the Aspire sway bar (thanks for helping John), and GR2s are coming soon, so it should handle a lot better.
                            Last edited by TominMO; 04-29-2010, 10:43 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

• just a heads up bp+t love 12 degrees timing even on 91.

Comment

• how many pounds of the fun stuff are you stuffing to the motor now? I need a windshield and real racing harness or stock belts to pass tech inspect now. us13 dragway doesnt like the ebay 4pt harnesses. I am also needing tires and a clutch. debating spending the money on my car or my other festiva and donor car.

Comment

Working...
                                X