Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th trip , new motor

B8 with the clutch slipping

been running 1 day hahaha on the stock 12's traction is no exsistant when it does the clutch starts letting go

2.27 60'
    9.87 @ 70.18 mph

movin on up
    1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Is it a new clutch or used? Stock replacement?
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
      Is it a new clutch or used? Stock replacement?
      low mile stock replacment, looked like new when i had the motor out

Comment

Dangit dude I really wanna get mine to the track now...
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

kinda told ya haha lol.....that's awesome time tho. Alot of stock mustangs and such have a hard time running that. Get a stronger clutch (which I know you plan on doing) and you'll find that the trans can only handle so much. I really enjoyed it when I had my b8. Bp is fun too.

I never ran my b8 on sticky tires , but managed a 9.23 (1/8th) using 10 lbs. of boost. 14.05 in the 1/4.

I can tell you that for what you want, you'll need a suzuki swift 4 puck (ACT). It's rated for 291 ft/lbs. Just gotta mod the stock flywheel, and use the festy throwout bearing. I will say with an abusive clutch it's easier to break trannies.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
            kinda told ya haha lol.....that's awesome time tho. Alot of stock mustangs and such have a hard time running that. Get a stronger clutch (which I know you plan on doing) and you'll find that the trans can only handle so much. I really enjoyed it when I had my b8. Bp is fun too.

I never ran my b8 on sticky tires , but managed a 9.23 (1/8th) using 10 lbs. of boost. 14.05 in the 1/4.

I can tell you that for what you want, you'll need a suzuki swift 4 puck (ACT). It's rated for 291 ft/lbs. Just gotta mod the stock flywheel, and use the festy throwout bearing. I will say with an abusive clutch it's easier to break trannies.
            what mods are needed to the flywheel?

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
              291Lbft should be enough. Probably twice what the "E" tranny can take. I don't think my 4.6 Mustang puts out much more than that! I'm planning a mild B6 or stock B8 swap........that's why I was curious as to what clutch he used. Now that I see the performance of a B8 with a slipping clutch, I'm leaning towards a stock B8 (if I can find one).
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Machine the step completely off the flywheel. This makes it a flat surface. A machine shop also has to redrill the pins and bolts holes.

This allows you to use a 8.25 inch clutch instead of a 7.125 inch. You also need to grind a small amount of clearance inside the bellhousing (just right under the starter). And the very tip of the starter. It'll handle all you can throw at it.

The suzuki swift gt uses the same input shaft diameter/spline count.

The next step up is a g-series with a 9 inch clutch. Mine in my red car is rated for 365 ft/lbs. (ACT 6puk/w extreme pressure plate)

^ hope this helps. I also have some pics of the setup somewhere. It's now in casper.
                -Greg
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09

Comment

so i got to searching,what about the spec clutches they offer as a direct swap? showing a stage 1 and stage 2

Comment

^they do, but if you call them (bessemer AL.) they will tell you that their stages 1/2 are rated for the same clamping force(+30% over stock)

Only difference in stage 1/2 is organic/kevlar friction discs.

If you make an order from them and add "ss" to the end of the part # they can make it handle 15% more for an additional $170 on top of their $200/$260.

So at best they are rated for 45% more torque than stock. The only spec I could find was 660 lbs. of clamping force(stock) add 45% and it's close to 1000 lbs.

The ACT for a swift is 1900 lbs. of clamp force. It being almost 1 inch larger adds alot of clamping surface too.

The ACT is pricey tho. Someone had one used a while back.
                    -Greg
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09

Comment

I called titan motorsports in orlando.

Spec $200 shipped

ACT $409 shipped
                      -Greg
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09

Comment

act swift and e series flywheel mod

I still have my act set up that needs to go...$150.00 with flywheel and its yours.

Comment

Originally posted by grocerygetter View Post
                          I still have my act set up that needs to go...$150.00 with flywheel and its yours.

what would shipping be like? 37363 area code

Comment

This motor feels like its got some potential, once i get the clutch squared away we will see how it likes the hose id like to see some high 8's out of it

Comment

I didn't know if he still had it but there you go.
                              -Greg
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09

Comment

Working...
                              X