Dyno Day '11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Day '11

So this morning I took my festiva to a local forum's dyno meet.

2 pulls for $60. Good deal IMO.

Well.............................................. .....................

Little smoke on decel. Not really been tuned much besides a little track time and butt dyno.

Last time I dyno'd it was with a b8-me/rear turbo/ e trans. and it did 154 whp/ 170 wtq

With this JY kia bp on 15 psi did...................

And a vid.......

My 1.8L DOHC, rear turbo @ 15 psi. Pump gas. Made 220 whp and 233 wtq.Stock '97 Kia sephia motor (Mazda BP)

And another cool thing is I got to see my car on a lift..........................

Flame me all you want for making 220hp thru the stock festy exhaust..!!!.......lol

Last edited by eurotiva; 03-26-2011, 03:09 PM.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

That looks bigger than a stock exhaust. Like maybe one of the stock replacements. Mine looked way smaller than that.

Anyway...that's some decent power
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

And with the extra 20hp provided by that trailer hitch!!! LOL
      Chuck
      Life's a beach, then you marry one---- Shakespeare
      If money will fix it, it's not broken
      91 GL -Ol' Rusty
      93 GL - Lil Red
      91 L - Tweetystiva
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54176
      http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/festi...tfordcat/54596

Comment

awesome but you should invest the 50 bucks it would take to make a 2" exhaust and do it, i bet you would gain 10-20 hp and get a WAY WAY WAY better sound out of the car, i HATE the way mine sounds with the stock mid pipe, it buzzez and humms all the time and after 4000 rpm it chokes up dosnt pull as hard as it should... im thinking of putting on my 3" one before i hit up the dyno so i can get rid of the cat and make some more power and get rid of the humming and buzzing

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

So that's why my ride in that car almost made me crap myself! Good job!
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Greg, you aren't showing off your bad exhaust, your bragging about your rust free undercarrage. Rub it in why don't you!!!

Nice numbers BTW!

-Scott
            Aqua 93 L
            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I have a 3" outlet for the t3 going in my car.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                That looks bigger than a stock exhaust. Like maybe one of the stock replacements. Mine looked way smaller than that.

Anyway...that's some decent power

Could be a replacement. Thanks.

Originally posted by hotfordcat View Post
                And with the extra 20hp provided by that trailer hitch!!! LOL
                I did get 2 pulls. I added timing ( +1 degree, which wasn't allowed) and it made 7 more hp and 17 more ft.lbs.

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
                awesome but you should invest the 50 bucks it would take to make a 2" exhaust and do it, i bet you would gain 10-20 hp and get a WAY WAY WAY better sound out of the car, i HATE the way mine sounds with the stock mid pipe, it buzzez and humms all the time and after 4000 rpm it chokes up dosnt pull as hard as it should... im thinking of putting on my 3" one before i hit up the dyno so i can get rid of the cat and make some more power and get rid of the humming and buzzing
                I know I know...... I do need to, but have wanted to see how far the little pipe can go.

I think N/A you might lose power with such a big pipe, until the last couple hundred rpm?

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
                So that's why my ride in that car almost made me crap myself! Good job!
                Haha....where is your new car thread?

Originally posted by leapin View Post
                Greg, you aren't showing off your bad exhaust, your bragging about your rust free undercarrage. Rub it in why don't you!!!

Nice numbers BTW!
                What's rust? Is it any relation to that white stuff? I think you guys call it snow?

Thanks

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                I have a 3" outlet for the t3 going in my car.
                That's what I have on my t4 in the mustang. It makes over 400 hp. I think it would be a little big for a festiva?

Glad you decided to go bp. I think you will very happy with it.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Nice numbers! Your little "JY" BP only puts out about 30 peak HP less than my 4.6L, LOL. Gotta love forced induction! I don't think the stock diameter exhaust is a detriment in your application, considering it's driving the turbo and the long distance between the motor and turbo. Based on your numbers, I would say it's working pretty well. It would be interesting to see what 2" or 2-1/4" would do to the turbo lag, boost and HP.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

from that dyno chart, you're either choking out (air) or you stopped fueling. there's no way that torque curve should just drop like that after 4800 under boost. bet you'll top 260hp with a better tune... don't you have a wideband on that car?
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

We will see how 3" fits. I can always just make a 3" downpipe and adapt it to the 2.5" already under the car...
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Im impressed that you could get up those ramps.

sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

should have taken the air filter off... Need too strip this thing and take it to the track and put it into 12's...
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post

I know I know...... I do need to, but have wanted to see how far the little pipe can go.

I think N/A you might lose power with such a big pipe, until the last couple hundred rpm?
                            oooo i know ill loose some torque down low but the bp pulls so hard allready i dont think ill notice it and then ill have one less thing to do when im readyt to put the turbo in

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                            from that dyno chart, you're either choking out (air) or you stopped fueling. there's no way that torque curve should just drop like that after 4800 under boost. bet you'll top 260hp with a better tune... don't you have a wideband on that car?
                            i bet your right about the "choking out"... exhaust... :p

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

the choking bit is on the ontake side really but i'd put my money on the lack of fuel...
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X