Adding a shift light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a shift light

I'm going to add a shift light thinking 6.5 is a good time for it to shine considering I'll hit 7k as I shift.

Good?
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

How do you add a shift light to a stock tach?
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

wasn't going to use the stock tach have an aftermarket with shift light

Comment

Just wondering what the best RPM to set the light for was?

Comment

Chad you don't need a shift light man. Get used to your car/engine and soon enough you will know when to shift. You got to feel it. Once you get use to the power range of the engine you will know exactly when to shift.
          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

I doubt he'll ever use the shift light anyway. They're more of a "look at me, I have features" thing than a "I can only drive a stick with a shift light" thing.
            1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
            daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
            A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

I have a led shiftlight in the face of my aftermarked tach, its nice at the track, but I only use it at the track.
              Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
              93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
              91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
              93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
              15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
              88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Put it on a Dyno, find out were your torque curve ends and shift a few hundred R.P.M.s prior to the end. Or go by the seat of your pants.
                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

i set mine to 6700 but shift at 7000~7200 (cut off is 7300 on my haltech ecu... or what ever i set it to lol... ) i run it out to 7200ish in 1st but shift early from 2-3 and 3-4 cause it takes so long to up to that rpm and the power band is not in the top end with my motor at all, the small exhaust chokes it up past 4500 ish rpm...

i think what im gonna do is get a tach cluster and put the shift light in the drivers side dash vent the big 5 inch tach is getting kind of ugly to look at...
                  Last edited by sasquatch; 06-02-2011, 11:18 PM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
                  X