First time to the track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time to the track!

Heading out to Race City tonight with the Festiva. I have no idea what expect time-wise though. Post your guesses and we'll see how it goes. I'll let you know how it went when I get home.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

15.54?
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

14.7 ?
        New build on the way .

Comment

93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

45 minutes?.....not sure how far away you live from the track:p
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
              14 C7 Z51

Comment

B6? 16.8.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Ford Fester

Comment

15.94 @ 84.23mph

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Proud owner of Casper

Comment

^are you saying that if he reaches 88 mph he will go back to 1974?

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

^^^^precisely
                          Ford Fester

Comment

where the heck is he gonna get 1.21 gigawats of power? its only a b6....
                            Last edited by sasquatch; 08-20-2011, 12:27 AM.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Well I had an interesting night at the track. Realized it had been over 30 years since I've been on a drag strip... last time was with my old 1964 Galaxie with a 428!.

Had problems with lack of traction all night... the track's computer system crashed part way through the night so I didn't get a time slip for that run and the last two runs they could only record 1/8 mile times.

Here are the best and worst from the five runs I did get time slips for:

- reaction time: best 0.216, worst 0.575
                              - 60 ft time: best 2.468, worst 0.2.682 (on my first run)
                              - 1/8 time: best 11.190, worst 11.817
                              - 1/8 speed: best 61.97, worst 60.83 (shifted too late from first to second and hit the rev limiter)
                              - 1/4 time: best 17.646 (run with no time slip was faster but... no time slip), worst 18.354 (first run).
                              - 1/4 speed: best 76.85, worst 75.38

I was the only Festiva and there were only 4 or 5 Civics. I did win one race... vs. an apparently stock '90s Ford Ranger.

All in all I had a great night!
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada
                              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                              X