Nissan 350z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan 350z?

So a 350z challenged me to a race... I have a bp festiva... has anyone ever raced one? i want to have an idea because he wants to put down a pretty chunk of change.
    :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

I'd say if it is a 1/4 mile straight race then then the 350 has you beat. I think they are high 13's stock so low to mid 14's average. So if you look at our top 10 fastest N/A times they tend to be mid to low 15's.

Are both cars stock (other than your bp)?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

If you can get a good hook up id say you might stand a chance but i wouldnt risk loosing and money over it.
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Unless your running 14's I wouldn't risk it. They are slow but not that slow.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

tell him to give you like 4 cars and the leave. hes got a sports car you have a economy car, not a fair race!

Comment

350Z's are slow,a twin turbo would be a good race for my car...
            06 vw Bora
            09 Nissan Versa
            fastest B6T is back!!!
            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

Borrow ^MEXTIVA's^ car for the race..:evil4:

Comment

The fact that the guy wants to put money on a race that is obviously stacked in his favor gives an indication of the type of person he is. Tell him if he's so confident in his car, then if he wins he gets nothing (because he should win). But if you win, you get the money. After all, he has a high dollar "world class" sports car and you have a Festiva (one of the cheapest cars ever produced) with a J/Y motor. It's like Mike Tyson picking a fight with Danny Devito. Also, I think you stand a better chance with a "roll race".
                Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Ya I told him to wait till I havw my 14 inch tires on, and I was thinking a 15 roll

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

If you do end up racing him don't make it for a lot of money. Do a second gear roll or check where the 350z weak mph is and race him at that speed.
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Like your thinking... anyone know a 350's weak point?

Comment

Find a 350z on the street somewhere, get him to race, then you'll have an idea if you'll win or not lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Well I'd say if there is any chance you could be in second and he be in third I'd say you'd be golden. I don't know the chances of that though.

I like Damkids idea though then you will really know what to expect!
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Three things going against you. Poor traction, bad gearing (3rd to 4th) and the Z has a better power to weight ratio.

If it's from a dead stop, he's going to have at least 5 cars on you by the end of a quarter mile (probably more).

Your best bet is from a 2nd gear roll. Shift to 3rd at 7200 RPM and you might be good 'til about 90 MPH. If the race goes to 4th gear, he's going to leave you.

It's not a bet I would take.
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

^^^x2 worth a bet from a roll up to 90, but before and after youd probably lose. We used to reel those in with unmodded srt-4s all day long but from a dig it was hopeless if they were not bone stock. An uphill freeway onramp you'd eat him up I'm sure.
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X