Autocrossing on Sunday at Rt.66, IL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocrossing on Sunday at Rt.66, IL

I thought I would throw out there that I will be at the last Autocross of the season for the Chicago region of SCCA this Sunday, Oct 16, with my festiva. I've never seen anyone with a festiva come to a chicagoland autocross, so I thought I'd throw out an invitation to come join us.

Ive done a number of autocrosses, but this will be my first time autocrossing something with this much body roll, so it should be fun.

Info can be found here: Chicago Region Solo

I went Autocrossing on Sunday and it was a blast. My Festiva is stock, other than the 13" geo wheels. There is a ton of body roll and it pushes like crazy, but thats part of what made it such a blast. I'm usually autocrossing a small motorcycle powered formula racecar, so the festiva was basically the complete opposite of what im used to.

I really think it would do so much better with something as simple as the Aspire sway bar. I was losing so much time cause all the roll was taking so much weight off the inside front wheel that i wasn't getting any traction coming out of the corner.

I cant wait to get my coilovers and stiffer sway bar on the car. That should be a real blast. Too bad I'm gonna have to wait until next season to test it out.

The Festiva got alot of attention from all the other people there, even(especially?) in stock form. When I first arrived there were alot of odd looks, but by the time I left there were alot of waves and looks of approval. I got a number of comments about how they haven't seen 'one of those things' in the a long time and one person even went on and on about how back in the day these festivas where real contenders at solo events. I dont know how true that really is, but it was nice to hear. Overall, a wonderful reception and a great time.
    Last edited by jemartin144; 10-18-2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Sweet!!! Sounds like you had a blast!!!
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
      X