No announcement yet.

Milan tomorrow FOR SURE 100% SUNSHINE NO MATTER WHAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List has been updated, but sorry brad, it didn't bump you up any spots, #6 was a 12.90, you'll get there though

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thats ok. Its nice to know Im the #4 fastest though

I just couldnt seem to get that perfect pass. I had a couple that I managed a 1.96-1.99 60foot. But then I'd blow it by missing 3rd or something. I had problems with my clutch slipping too. I adjusted it so the engagement was way down by the floor but if I barely had my foot on the clutch at all it would just slip away once the boost was up. I think I blew 3 or 4 passes because of that.

I also think my gearing sucks. I was getting into 4th at the last 200-300 feet or so. I didnt have nearly enough time in it.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Umm your only at #7, still further up the list then most of us though lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i think he was talking about his mph

Comment

Last edited by bhazard; 11-04-2011, 09:20 PM.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Nice run......I ran a 12.45@110mph so you should be able to go at least that fast with your current power.

Comment

Yeah, I just cant seem to get the perfect pass. Either I get a nice sub-2sec 60' and end up missing 3rd or having clutch issues or I have a mediocre launch and the rest of the pass is great like in that video.

I adjusted the clutch down towards the floor but ANYthing on the pedal would cause it to slip like crazy when the power picked up. My $150 ebay clutch has like 30000 miles on it by now so thats probably an issue.

My shifter linkage is a piece of crap too. I never reworked it after moving my tranny during the BP swap.

Im seriously thinking about swapping to the yvanified auto Jim is gonna have for me in the spring.

I mean... mfactory diff $700 + install, decent clutch $300+

A built auto is way cheaper and will never miss shift, and I can brake boost on the line.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Brake boosting with an auto is the way to go. When I had my turbo Honda element i could pull a 2.1 60ft by brake boosting 8psi before I launched. Nearly .5 sec improvement over just flooring it off the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X