End of autocross year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of autocross year

Well another race season is done. It was a tough year with starting out driving my old festiva and friends civic. Half way though the season My green festiva with the b6t in it was ready to go and man it's was like driving a diff car. It's my frist turbo car ever and I need to learn how to autocross all over again lol
    But at the end of the season I place 3 in my class so I must have done something right lol.
    I will make a new thread for next year and keep it updated

Plans for over the winter pull motor and tranny new water pump and timing belt make and ploy new rear mount.
    new 13x8 hakook tires and aero race rims.
    And hoping for vw mk2 coilovers so I can slam the car some more.
    I'll keep u all posted thanks.

P.s I am up for any tips anybody my have for me always up for trying something new.
    Last edited by mikeycar500; 11-12-2011, 01:39 AM.
    the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
    \/\_____________FORD
    FOREVER

Good job. Festies can get stuff done:p
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by mikeycar500 View Post
      Well another race season is done. It was a tough year with starting out driving my old festiva and friends civic. Half way though the season My green festiva with the b6t in it was ready to go and man it's was like driving a diff car. It's my frist turbo car ever and I need to learn how to autocross all over again lol
      But at the end of the season I place 3 in my class so I must have done something right lol.
      I will make a new thread for next year and keep it updated

Plans for over the winter pull motor and tranny new water pump and timing belt make and ploy new rear mount.
      new 13x8 hakook tires and aero race rims.
      And hoping for vw mk2 coilovers so I can slam the car some more.
      I'll keep u all posted thanks.

P.s I am up for any tips anybody my have for me always up for trying something new.
      I'll build you a set like mine. With my 200lb springs the car handles amazing. I don't need tender springs and the strut is in the center of it's travel at about 35mm drop (with capri spindles). I can make you a set for 800usd shipped to your door. All 4 shocks with your choice of spring rates. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

It will go approximately 40mm lower than this and still have about 25mm of travel. There is no tire rub with my 185/45-15 tires. even sitting on the bumpstops and turning the entire travel of the steering.
      Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-13-2011, 10:23 AM.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

hey man i have the pic of your car on my phone. its what made me want to get my car slammed more.
        i do want a set of good one but i want to star of with a set of cheap ebay ones frist incase i want to go back to my old set up. but thanks i will keep it in mind.
        u have a vary nice car.
        Last edited by mikeycar500; 11-14-2011, 02:53 AM.
        the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
        \/\_____________FORD
        FOREVER

Comment

those coilovers look very nice. Do you build them from scratch or are they modded vw coils? Is the dampening adjustable?

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll try to get some Pictures of it dumped to put up. I drive it daily at the height in that picture.
            I modified some raceland coilovers for a mk3 Volkswagen. Very pleased with the outcome.
            No dampening adjustment, but they seem perfect now. I am going to buy a set of koni dual adjustable race strut inserts for my next setup to compare. I may start making my own bodies to fit the Older Mazda cars, they will fit the festiva/ aspire .
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
            X