#2 Silv3rBull3t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2 Silv3rBull3t

Just out of curiousty,why is this car under the NA category? If he's using NOS,thats never considered NA.At least not around here.Its still a fast time though,not denying him that.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

^^Ditto

Just because nitrous is sometimes reffered to "boost in a bottle" does not mean it actually is boost

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
      ^^Ditto

Just because nitrous is sometimes reffered to "boost in a bottle" does not mean it actually is boost
      Who said anything about boost in a bottle? Nitrous is another form of inducing more oxygen into the combustion chamber.Super Chargers/Turbo Chargers do this mechanically.Nitrous does is chemically.Its all about the available oxygen.You cant have a burn without oxygen.More oxygen,stronger burn.Just like blowing on a camp fire my friend.When heated to 570deg. NOS splits into Nitrogen & Oxygen. Turbo= more Oxygen.Super Charger = more Oxygen NOS = more Oxygen. Now you tell me how thats scientifically not the same.You have to add more fuel when your turbo really starts boosting right? Same with NOS,the more NOS you add,the more fuel you have to add.

Comment

Because its not compressed air
        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Nitrofarm - do race cars that burn pure alcohol considered boosted cars since they run a different kind of fuel other then gasoline? Nitrous does not create positive air pressure like the way a turbo or supercharger does, therefore it's not boost

Another way to look at it is, can you hook up a boost gauge to a nitrous only engine and have it read +20psi?
          Last edited by Damkid; 11-14-2011, 09:35 AM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nitrofarm - do race cars that burn pure alcohol considered boosted cars since they run a different kind of fuel other then gasoline? Nitrous does not create positive air pressure like the way a turbo or supercharger does, therefore it's not boost

Another way to look at it is, can you hook up a boost gauge to a nitrous only engine and have it read +20psi?
            Im not saying its Boost Kid.Thats not my point.My point is the end result is the same, more Oxygen. And the argument of burning Alcohol or Nitromethane is different.Those are fuels,nitrous isnt.Nitrous oxide also has another effect that improves performance even more. When it vaporizes, nitrous oxide provides a significant cooling effect on the intake air. When you reduce the intake air temperature, you increase the air's density, and this provides even more oxygen inside the cylinder.So to clarify I'm not saying Nitrous is "Boost".It just has the same exact same affect as a Intercooled Boosted engine.It just does it via chemical reaction.Just like an emergency oxygen generator mask that falls from the ceiling of an Aircraft.Some of those are actually a chemical thats burning creating oxygen.
            So back to my original post-A NA engine doesnt stand a chance against a Nitrous "Assisted" engine (Notice I didnt say Boosted). The Nitrous engine is far more capabale of HP. Even overcoming poor flowing intakes & cyl heads. If anything create another class for nitrous engines,but dont throw them in with NA. Its not fair. And like I said from the get go,he's got a fast car and thats cool.
            Last edited by nitrofarm; 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
              So back to my original post-A NA engine doesnt stand a chance against a Nitrous "Assisted" engine (Notice I didnt say Boosted).
              hmmm... so "NA" = "Nitrous Assisted" ? :lol:
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

So should I also split up the boosted section by what engine they have? Since a little turbo setup on a B3 would not stand a chance against a built BPT? Not gunna happen

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what setup you have, nitrous or not, it's still either N/A or boosted, and since there's almost no one else on that list with nitrous, I wont start a 3rd section for one car that qualifies as N/A

Comment

So should I also split up the boosted section by what engine they have? Since a little turbo setup on a B3 would not stand a chance against a built BPT? Not gunna happen

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what setup you have, nitrous or not, it's still either N/A or boosted, and since there's almost no one else on that list with nitrous, I wont start a 3rd section for one car that qualifies as N/A
                  Even if they go faster than 14.14 @ 99.97mph with NOS?

Comment

If they beat my time with nitrous, of course they claim the #1 spot

Comment

Makes sense to me (but no I dont think you have too) because like you said its only one car. But it is interesting to note. It is a 1.3L with 2 valves per cyl that waxed ALL the 1.8L with 4 valves per cyl.

Comment

If they beat my time with nitrous, of course they claim the #1 spot
                        Which I dont think would be fair to you my friend. Especially after all the work you have done. But if your cool with it so am I.

Comment

^^i just bought a nitrous kit myself :evil4: so no it won't hurt my feelings lol

Comment

^^i just bought a nitrous kit myself :evil4: so no it won't hurt my feelings lol
                            LOL,OK

Comment

Working...
                            X