No announcement yet.

Do I stand a chance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The early 2.3's had a garrett t3\t3 Its a little big for a b6.Its even too big for my bp.
    Last edited by eurotiva; 01-25-2012, 09:24 PM.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Based on the lag they had, I'm thinking they were too big for the 2.3, LOL. Putting them 3' away from the exhaust manifold probably didn't help. Outside of installing two of them on my 351W F250, can I do anything with them or are they worthless?
      b
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Never worthless, they make great book ends! Lol, throw a gt1749 on that 1.6, some 280cc injectors, add a little spring pressure to the vaf and run 10psi with water/meth. You wont even need an intercooler. Your brother can watch you slip away into the darkness as he watches his fuel gauge drop. lol Should be 130+ hp setup.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

^ make that a gt1752s, the 1749 is better suited to a b3. 150hp should be realistic. Clutch work will be necessary. All said and done you should have less than a grand into it though. The Festiva saves you more than that a year! Give your festiva the gift that keeps giving!
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I'm turbo-illiterate. What is a GT1752S and where do i look for them?
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

It's a small plain bearing Garrett unit, most commonly found on the Saab 9-3 viggon. The regular Saab 9-3/ 9-5 came with a gt1752, it would work well too. Look through your local pick n pull yards, or eBay. Prices are anywhere between 0 and 800 dollars ( retail from Garrett). Thy are way undersized for the Saab engines but perfect for a 1.6 single cam.
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-26-2012, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X