No announcement yet.

setting up a race this weekend with vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there are even safe ways to street race. we have one guy go ahead and male sure the way is clear and one guy way behind to do the same and a street bike films
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Anything in this world can be dangerous if the people are stupid about it

Bobby, I say give er hell, I hope you win, but sadly I don't think you will

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Don't give a 4WD Duramax a standing start. I see way too many 8.4@80mph 1/8th miles from them with minor tweaks. If he's got a tune (and played with the trans shift points/firmness) there's a great chance that truck would be nasty out of the hole.

Oh! and no longer call it a "highway roll" or a "dig race on the street" ... just say you took a trip to Mexico with a camera
        1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
        1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
        2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          Oh! and no longer call it a "highway roll" or a "dig race on the street" ... just say you took a trip to Mexico with a camera
          nah screw that, once my festiva is back on the road, I'm gunna post every possible street race story I can, I'll even make sure to post it in the arena as well so I can give a proper response to the ones saying "it's dangerous and I wanna call the cops"

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

One thing ironic about all the complaining about street racing on here is that whenever someone posts a thread about guns, everyone praises guns when guns are designed to kill, but somehow smart street racing is worse?

Comment

Thank you fast and thank you chris I want sure if every body was against it but now I know thats def not the case
              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I go to Mexico twice a week.
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  nah screw that, once my festiva is back on the road, I'm gunna post every possible street race story I can, I'll even make sure to post it in the arena as well so I can give a proper response to the ones saying "it's dangerous and I wanna call the cops"
                  Well there's other aspects...

I am an Administrator on a larger Mustang website, and it's more for the liability. A nasty attorney can find out a fatal street racing accident was tied to a website that outwardly promoted street racing and/or the organization of it. No need for the owners of fordfestiva.com to be sued because of that BS.

... so just go to Mexico instead
                  1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                  1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                  2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                    I go to Mexico twice a week.
                    Me too!

My signature explains how I feel. Enjoy your life, don't intentionally hurt anyone and use your head and you'll be fine. The # cause of death around the world is birth.

Those trucks can be deceivingly quick, should be a good race.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Festivas represent around here
                      -Greg
                      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                      Redneck Engineer
                      FOTY - '09
                      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

We have a large organized racing scene in Milwaukee here. Used to be part when I had my car until i get another i will spectate. Here is a small night.
                        :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Maybe the mods could change the title to "going to mexico with a d-max" and change my post accordingly. I dont want to get anyone in trouble. And next time I won't open my big mouth till after the fact. Sorry my peeps

Comment

Texting on the street is legal, at least in a lot of areas but kills far more participants and bystanders than cautious racing in Mexico. Where it is not legal it is brazenly ignored.

Just be safe and have fun! Don't post details that could be used against you.
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Your not the first person that people have "jumped" on. There aren't that many people on this forum that blatantly say "I am going to go street racing", and when they do, someone says something.

It is an illegal activity. Look at the reasons why it is illegal. I am not going to argue the safety reasons. They are obvious. You can't control everything. Crashes happen when you least expect.

A website is promoting street racing if they don't discourage or ban it. Not saying anything in an official way can be construed as supporting it.

There is drive to compete, can't deny that. Take it to a place where they are ready for it and the consequences that can accompany it. You never know when your going to miss 3rd and put it into 1st on accident, over rev the engine, and blow it up. The flying debris can cause all sorts of damage to people, at least they are ready for it at a track.
                              The Festiva Store
                              Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

^the track is def my goal i mostly want to auto x doing all this at the track and getting time slips is a goal i realize now that i shouldnt have posted this and wont post things i plan to do in the future but it prob will still talk about experiences that i have with kills in the future

Comment

Working...
                                X