Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
    Hey advance, have you seen my thread on the sephia mount? Would you consider as an exercise of interest for me to try that as it looks rather close to the passenger mount and where the placement is of your custom mount. Itd also answer a lot of questions about B6/G series fitment for me that I have and can foot the bill for the mounts needed to buy and mail them, unless you want to get some and I Can fix you up for them? Either way..

To cut down on search time, its a 1998 kia sephia rear Engine bracket and a 2001 kia Rio passenger mount..

I'll get a photo to show you placement.
    Here are the photos
    Side shot of Mount

This combination of mount and bracket fits like it was built specifically for the Festiva. Just flush the rubber sides of the Rio mount and it will slide straight in.
    Last edited by jawbraeka; 12-15-2013, 09:03 PM.
    Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
    Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
    Highway - 7.32L/100km
    City - yet to be determined.

Comment

• wow! That's awesome! and those parts are pretty common in the salvage yards out here. Thanks for that info! You should write a "how to" article about that in the custom engine forum. This will help a lot of people.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• I have.. There is a thread floating around here..

The reason I'm asking is cause I've confirmed it for an e series swap, but just needed it confirmed for a gseries to show that its possible.. Would you be able to try that out?

sent from the depths of hell.
        Last edited by jawbraeka; 12-15-2013, 09:31 PM.

Avg Economy:
        Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• If it is in the correct location for an E-series than it's probably going to leave the engine crooked with a g series. The engine and tranny need to move forward to clear the steering rack with a gbox.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Yeah OK.. Well could I get you to try at least so even if it doesn't work, the mounts could be sold to an e series driver as it sits perfect for them and tbh it does make it easier for the ones lacking in fabrication skills

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• I will try a set. I am building a b6ze/rio 5speed car soon, and that will be the perfect mount by the looks of it!

Comment

• Cool would be great to know that at least its an option for standard b6/g series users who are choosing not to move the engine forward.

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

• I competed in a Time trials event for the first time in Pedro over the weekend. I'm very happy with the results. I won my class by almost 4 seconds a lap, which is a huge gap. To put things in perspective, the second place car was a Porsche 944 in race trim and the third place car was an s2000.

Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-22-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Congratulations!!
                    Jerry
                    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      I competed in a Time trials event for the first time in Pedro over the weekend. I'm very happy with the results. I won my class by almost 4 seconds a lap, which is a huge gap. To put things in perspective, the second place car was a Porsche 944 in race trim and the third place car was an s2000.

What tires were on the car at this event?
                      1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                      1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                      1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                      19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                      1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Most excellent!
                        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                          What tires were on the car at this event?
                          I started the weekend on 165 45 15 Federal Formoza FD1 tires. Best time was a 1:11 something at Wildhorse Pass East track. Sunday I switched out to 185/60-13 Yokahama A048r tires. My best time was 1:09 something on the Yokahama tires. The Fastest time set by my closest competitor was 1:13.6, so I had them beat on either tire. The Porsche was on Toyo RR tires, which are comparable to the A048r. FWDFTW!
                          This was done with a lightly modified B6d and the same coilovers that I'm making for the Festiva store. I was testing the setup to make sure everthing was up to my standard of performance. I'm very happy with the way this setup handles. I was able to wail the bumper curbing hard and fast without upsetting the car on the absolute limit. I could drift out of every apex with absolute precision, making all the sports cars look ridiculous. My lap times were within tenths of a second of spec Miata race cars being driven by experienced drivers.

Comment

• Im still trying to find some good RACE TIRE to run on my current setup! I know i will never out drive the tires i have now but its my hobby and i kinda wanna have a set of race tires just because. I want something that will not make me broke but at the same time im not afraid to drop the coin.

I think you mentioned the enkei to me and in 24 hours i bought them! I still have such little cash in this build i dont mind. 3-5k is a heck of a lot better then the 25k supra i about bought.
                            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Yeah, these cars are a great bang for the buck. I'm working on getting some performance tires shipped in from Yokahama, in sizes that fit smaller cars like ours. The 185 60 13 A048r is a great tire, but it only lasts a couple track weekends. I got lucky with this set and got them for a great price from my Yokahama rep. I cracked my yellow 15" rims on Saturday while hanging the inside over the curbing and smacking the inner wheel lip off the cement rumble curbing. Collateral damage. The 185 60 13 tires are great because they protect the rims well. Toyo proxes R888 also come in that size, and last a bit longer than the A048r, but are still pretty expensive. The last time I checked the R888 tires were around 180 a tire for 185/60-13. That's about 800 bucks mounted and balanced for a set. They should last a few track weekends if you rotate them after every session and flip them after every event.
                              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-22-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• In the future I am planning on trying the Federal SS-595 tires in a 185 60 13 size to see how those hold up to my abuse. The Formoza FD1 tires hold up okay, but they don't seem to grip like the Achilles ATR-K tires. No matter which tire you use, you'll have to rotate them after every session if you want the maximum amount of life from them. Festivas are really hard on front tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X