Road Racing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
    More festy guys need to take their cars to time attacks rather then just the 1/4 mile!!!
    ^x infinity!
    With great respect to the track guys, circuit works/tests all aspects of your cars performance.
    And its super awesome happy fun times!!
    60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
      thanks for that!!! ive always wondered how to get toe out in the rear with a bit of camber!!!

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!! (or maybe im just slow)

Nice video btw, More festy guys need to take their cars to time attacks rather then just the 1/4 mile!!!
      Your welcome! I agree! These cars feel like they were built for road racing! Drags are fun too though, so take the little Festy to both and leave everyone confused!
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Festivas shine in any competition. Mileage, room, weight, racing, quality, durability, the list goes on and on... some of us like drag racing festyfreak. Same feeling outrunning a musclecar in a festy as out handling a sports car in a festy. Don't hate
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          Your welcome! I agree! These cars feel like they were built for road racing! Drags are fun too though, so take the little Festy to both and leave everyone confused!

I propose you consider entering the Sandhills Open Road Challenge with your Festy!! It's a 55 mile open-road rally style race. They also have a 1-mile top-speed shootout. They close down the road to the public just for the event. They get everything from bone-stock street cars to full-blown race cars. Here's a link, if you want to check it out...

The Sandhills Open Road Challenge (SORC) is a 55-mile rally style open road race through the scenic Nebraska Sandhills. Arguably the most demanding event of its kind in America, SORC offers a daunting series of “S” curves, straights, and 90-degree...
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
            Festivas shine in any competition. Mileage, room, weight, racing, quality, durability, the list goes on and on... some of us like drag racing festyfreak. Same feeling outrunning a musclecar in a festy as out handling a sports car in a festy. Don't hate
            Exactly! We can all work together to show the automotive world that size does matter!

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
            I propose you consider entering the Sandhills Open Road Challenge with your Festy!! It's a 55 mile open-road rally style race. They also have a 1-mile top-speed shootout. They close down the road to the public just for the event. They get everything from bone-stock street cars to full-blown race cars. Here's a link, if you want to check it out...

http://www.sorcrace.com/
            That sounds fun! I'm going to add that to my list.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I started this thread hoping that there was some interest in road racing these cars, but I don't want this thread to be only about my experience. Anyone else with any experience or ideas, please add your part. There does seem to be a lot of emphasis on this site geared towards the quarter mile performance of the festiva, but I'd like to see the same amount of interest in every type of motorsport that these cars are involved in ( with the exception of demolition derby ). I don't want to take anyone away from the 1320, but I do encourage them to try a trackday or auto x if it looks like fun to them. I go to the drags as much as the road races, but mostly to watch.
              Anyone who wants to see more road racing, autocross, rally or circle track, should get involved and post what your doing. The more we post, the more it will encourage others who are involved to do the same.
              Sorry for the rant. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                Dont take me wrong, i was never hating... I myself have actaully never been down the 1/4.. however i road race, rally cross, ice race, autocross.

I just think more guys need to try the twisties with the festiva... there is not much of a representation of road racer guys on here, thats all.

Comment

I will post pics of my old road racing festys on here with what i did to them.

Comment

It is simply because the 1320 is the most affordable. Around here the cheapest track days are easily $250. I would love to be able to go to a track day though.
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                      It is simply because the 1320 is the most affordable. Around here the cheapest track days are easily $250. I would love to be able to go to a track day though.
                      When I started road racing it was cheaper than drag racing, if you can imagine that. It's still not bad out here in Phoenix. I quit autocross because It got too expensive, that was like 8 years ago. Lol
                      someone should open a track in southern California that runs every day and is cheap enough for most people to enjoy it. It would be a busy spot

Comment

I almost went a couple weeks ago to a local race. Found out there needed to be a ton of safety equipment and a yrs membership. Its $15 to race at the 1/4 mile track. Helmet if you going 13's or better and jeans.

I'd go but have to save all summer to race one race so I can smoke my brakes and burn my tires.
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                          I almost went a couple weeks ago to a local race. Found out there needed to be a ton of safety equipment and a yrs membership. Its $15 to race at the 1/4 mile track. Helmet if you going 13's or better and jeans.

I'd go but have to save all summer to race one race so I can smoke my brakes and burn my tires.
                          how many runs do you get for 15$???

Over here we have time attacks, its $85 a night.... you get roughly 2.0 hrs of track time.
                          =$0.71/min.

Even autocross its $30 here, you get 5 runs each a minute at the very least.
                          =$6.00/min

Road racing gets ultra expensive when you do semi-pro events like support races.
                          Entry free alone to Indy for me was $2500, and we got 3 hours of track time.
                          =$13.89/min

Comment

It starts at 5 pm and goes till 10 so however many people are there is what predicts how many runs you get. Normally anywhere from 2-5 runs. Also depends how many rotarys break.
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Here things even out. The test and tune night at the strip is 25, but if you run faster than a 13.99 you need a helmet, and if you have a turbo, nitrous or supercharged engine you must wear a fire jacket with current sfi certs.
                              Our track days are around 100 dollars, but they aren't crowded ( as you can see on the video) like the drag nights. For a track day here you don't need any safety equipment at all, though most recommend providing your own helmet. The organization has helmets and they don't even tech the car. I was averaging 75 miles of track per day. So it was a little over a dollar per mile. Way cheaper than a cab ride from the airport! On top of that, at an AZ track day you are bound to see some really exotic cars tearing it up around the track. There was half a dozen Porsche GT3 cup cars several xNASCAR cars, a Ford GT, a rotary turbo powered mini Cooper, and lots of other super trick rides. I consider it a functional car show. That's worth a hundy in itself.

Comment

Im moving to arizona
                                New build on the way .

Comment

Working...
                                X