Clear All

• 12.661@ 113.290 on video

Reaction--------- .265
    60 foot--------- 2.168
    1/8th mile------- 8.421
    1/8 mph-------- 92.668
    1/4 mile---------12.661
    1/4 mph--------113.290

I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Dude get some slicks... Easy low 12s
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

haha what was that like 2k take off? you barely squeeked the tires.. sounded like you weren't even trying..
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Great job!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

cant launch above 1500 or it wheel spins really bad

Comment

lol, and that costs you time? ......do you launch in first or second? I haven't drag raced a vehicle, but I know atv's and bikes launch in 2nd.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

i launch in 1st. most burn outs are in 2nd though

Comment

Good time and huge mph. Get some slicks...now I gotta go back to the track and better mine....
                -Greg
                Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09
                5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Great times

Comment

Nice job JT
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Awesome job man! It's good to see a video of it finally! Your launches are super low key, if people didn't look at the time screen they wouldn't even know it was fast! NICE!
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Awesome run! You should try launching in 2nd, as stated above. You will gain some time, and traction, by not having that extra shift, from 1-2, which I think is the worst shift on the Festy's.
                        Watching a lot of vids on youtube, it always seems the festy's almost fall on their face during that 1-2 shift. Have you tried launching from 2nd?
                        I would imagine you have, but thought i'd ask, anyway.
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

its hard to launch in 2nd with such a stiff clutch and i dont wanna burn it up...

it doesnt so much fall on its face as it just blows the tires off... in the video im doing less than 1/2 throttle in 1st and maybe 1/2-3/4 throttle in 2nd then around 3/4 throttle in 3rd til around 6k...
                          Last edited by fastivaB6TG25MR; 04-05-2012, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                            its hard to launch in 2nd with such a stiff clutch and i dont wanna burn it up...

it doesnt so much fall on its face as it just blows the tires off... in the video im doing less than 1/2 throttle in 1st and maybe 1/2-3/4 throttle in 2nd then around 3/4 throttle in 3rd til around 6k...
                            Dude.. That's nuts. Can you get a smaller profile tire with equal traction ability? That will change the final gearing and might make it a bit easier to launch in 2nd if you wanted to, although it won't be much... other than that, a larger profile will give you longer final, but opens the 1-2 gap further. However, you might have an easier time keeping traction while putting down more power with a larger rolling circumference, because more initial torque will be absorbed by the rolling stock, and there's a slightly larger contact patch on a larger circumference.

Are you running street pressures in your tires? That's something else you can play with, if you are. (Don't know your experience, so forgive if you already know this stuff.) Lower pressure allows more flex in the tire (obviously) which can help act like a rotary spring, absorbing torque and expelling it laterally, forcing the car further downrange. Again, you also get a larger contact patch. Technically, you also get the benefit of a lower final gearing because the rolling circumference of the tire is less when it's flexed, and doesn't fully expand until X speed (varies with tire, pressures, conditions, etc).

Some combination of tire sizing and pressure should get you a good 1-2 shift without too much gap or too much wheelspin, if you plan on continuing to run street tires.

Comment

Just get some slicks JT. I wanna see what your car will do. I know its a low low 12 car maybe 11s
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X