• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas City SCCA Event 2 My first event

My first run was slow on purpose. 78s

Second run was 69s

Third run 68.5s

Final run 67.7s but I caught a cone.

Had a blast. Can't wait till I get the brake swap done, the car leaned like crazy. I killed myself no shifting right, and scrubbing all my speed on the hairpin.
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

What's the rules like? This looks sweet I'm ready!
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

you need some more rear spring!!! find some front festy or aspire springs and cut them down a bit to level yourself out. i guarantee you'll pick up another 2 sec easy on that course.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Although Im sure the car could use tuning, the most improvement can be found in between the steering wheel and pedals..
        Going old school...

Comment

yes, but the springs will help balance the car and make it want to rotate through the corner.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

And improving your setup will give you confidence and help you not have to work so hard, this makes it easier to improve that component between the steering wheel and pedals!

Great job by the way, and thanks for posting! Looks like a really fun coarse.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Guy was at the meet, took the best photo of my car I have seen yet.
              Going old school...

Comment

you running 13s?... if so, some lower profile tires are in order and an aspire swaybar. gotta flatten that car out (but start with the heavier rear springs as above and get used to how the car wants to rotate).

Comment

Working...
                X