Fastest Top Speed Festivas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastest Top Speed Festivas

Who holds the fastest top end speed? I mean no holds bared, the "fastest top end speed."
    Im curious and would like to know your speeds. And if you dont know find out and open your engine up. I sure would like to know and so may other here. We have 1/4 times, but I would like to know the top end speed full throttle. Thanks

Originally posted by eye_of_ra93
    Who holds the fastest top end speed? I mean no holds bared, the "fastest top end speed."
    Im curious and would like to know your speeds. And if you dont know find out and open your engine up. I sure would like to know and so may other here. We have 1/4 times, but I would like to know the top end speed full throttle. Thanks
    You don't want to go over 120 mph in a festiva unless you have a widebody and some major mods done.I have probably gone 125 mph and backed out.I have not measure it though.Why would you want to go any fatser than 120 mph?
    Hope not but if there was an accident even with a full rollcage there would not be whole pieces of anything in the car.
    Its good enough to go up to 108 in 12.7 seconds.
    06 vw Bora
    09 Nissan Versa
    fastest B6T is back!!!
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

with enough power...

123 mph automatic aspire... 8000 rpm at 18-19 psi bp turbo .
      on cops radar ( a friend of me )

Comment

You def. don't value life much if you plan on trying for top speed in the most unaerodynamic car... The Festy gets squirrely at 100mph w/a good gust but anything over that and it's downright scary... No one here judges their cars "speed" by their top speed... Qtr mile is a better way of judging the cars acceleration/driving skill/power... -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

I split this topic off on it's own from the 1/4 mile thread.

Calculating from rpm's I've been 120+ in the BP car.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
          BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
          BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
          New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

When I had my car on the dyno I hit 110 mph in 4th gear @ a little over 6k.

Going to the dragstrip this coming saturday if nothing comes up.Trying to get better times.
            What times do you guys estimate from the MEXTIVA this time?
            My brother says he is shooting for a 12.4 do you think its possible?
            06 vw Bora
            09 Nissan Versa
            fastest B6T is back!!!
            http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/785928

Comment

I'd be worried about the bearings overheating over 120. They were designed with 55-60mph in mind, and you are doubling that. Maybe if you ran really tall tires it would be fine, but I wouldn't want to be in the car when a bearing seizes at 120mph+.

At that speed the areodynamics are going to be a real issue. You would want a front lip to keep the car from lifting off.

Also, the festiva being so short, and being FWD, if you lifted off the throttle at that speed the car would want to go backwards in a hurry. There is a reason cars built for higher speed have longer wheelbases.

edit: When you get your car done, take it out to bonneville and see if you can get into the 130mph club. It's something I plan on doing some day.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

well once my car is done my goal is going to be 150

call me crazy call me whatever.... lol. thats my goal... car is going to have a lot of reinforcment and what not.... its gonna probably take a year or so to get the car done, but when its done, im hoping to have one of the fastest festivas on here wish me luck guys....

Comment

I respect you FastoNOS, I like speed and quick cars. I would like to see a 150+ car. I stand with you desiring a quick and untouchable car.

And yes Im crazy, why hell look at my car!

I believe these speeds can be obtained with lots of mods, its scary in a Festy they are lightweight and could easily flip.

I have seen your speeds posted, and yeah a quick quarter mile is nice, but so is a top end speed that surpasses any other. I dont know all yet what can be achieved, but I have faith in claims one can hit 150+ and would love to see it.

You and I must be nuts! :twisted:

Comment

I think Mextiva can hit a 12.4
                    Have faith I know you can do it. Im excited to hear the results.

Comment

hope you have a roll cage and really good brakes!
                      69 Shelby GT-350, 351W, 4 spd
                      97 Jag xk8 vert
                      06 Mini Cooper S GP
                      93 Stiva
                      04 Volvo S80

Comment

Wow, another silly post. Don't want to hear it, till you accomplish it!

Comment

^ Hahaha... it's not like you've ever done that... right?

I personally don't think I'd ever go faster then 120mph in my Festiva, but thats just me and my sense of self-preservation talking...
                          * Retired Festiva-er*
                          1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
                          B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

^ Exactly my point... Til you have taken yours past even 100mph and felt how unstable the car is please don't bench race.. And once again my concern is that you are going to try this with air suspension.. Even more of a death wish.
                            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

170km/h (105mp/h) in a '00 Aspire 1.3l (EFI, tuned length exhaust & open intake)

Comment

Working...
                              X