No announcement yet.

Figure 8 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats totally bad bro diggin it big time u need a skull n crossbones on roof or hood lmao:thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

We ended up getting third of 25...lost a back bumper in a hit and cut one tire.....definitely the fastest car but we had major traction issues and it pushed in thebmbm corners.
      Ford Fester

Comment

What's a bmbm corner? Is that the section where the cars cross?
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Sorry...should have proofread. Its the outside corners.
          Ford Fester

Comment

No video? Banned!
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Time for more traction! Put stiffer springs in the rear and raise it up higher than the front. Also, toe out as much as you can without grabbing ruts. Did you guys win any cash?
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
                Sorry...should have proofread. Its the outside corners.
                Oh! I thought it was short for bam-bam corners.
                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

New to the forum but I was the one driving it. Traction wasn't the whole problem I think we needed to have the ebrake rigged up to be honest... It was so slimy getting into the corners and I was carrying so much more speed than everyone else that I'd go into a 4 wheel slide no matter how hard I threw the car into the corner. It didn't help matters that I kept forgetting that there was a dead car in both corners on the bottom of the track and I kept setting up to run the bottom forgetting they were there. All in all good learning experience, should be able to bring home the win next year. We won $98 bucks but the race itself was worth more than any cash!

Comment

Welcome to the forum and good job! It's just a novelty that you won money racing a Festiva. I love it! Lol. Looks like fun and I can't wait to see some video. I know max has a nice camera and a gopro so no excuses guys!
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Max said the video he took was a little rough since he was too busy watching the race instead of the video camera and I don't blame him. I guess it was an aboslute blast to watch. As for the Go Pro our buddy forgot to bring it so I'm a little disappointed about that. If anyone is interseted in a few pictures of the car and the race I created an album you should be able to access from my profile.

Comment

well ive been a little dormant on the boards since racing season was in full swing. the first thing i wanted to do when i got back is show off by piece of modern art i call my figure 8 festiva! used my old parts car which was basically out of good usable parts. B3 with a 5spd. turned some old dairy head gates into a roll cage with some old 5pt belts. threw on a classic american flag paint job with some 6-12 tractor tires and away we went! ran awesome and had all kinds of traction but lost the coil wire in the feature. had a BLAST tho!
                        07 Chevy 1500. 5.3 E85
                        91 Festiva DD B6, M5, AC, PS
                        90 Festiva figure 8 racer
                        90 Mustang LX, LSX, 4L80. AFONOMO

Comment

Yours was definitely better looking than ours ill give you that. If your coil wire didnt come off you would have won.
                          Ford Fester

Comment

it was a blast to watch. maybe I will have to get in on it next year.

Comment

No festiva should get to this point though. One should just build one as a figure 8 car then keep it as a go kart!
                              Ford Fester

Comment

Little agro tires FTW! That's awesome! Max, imagine an AWD festiva, with 4 agro tires on it and a b6t with that chip you have in your clutch destroying capri! Unstoppable (well, until the tranny spits something out).:p

Comment

Working...
                                X