Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autox'ing for the 1st time this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Way to represent!

I'm sure the Festy performed great, but you deserve a lot of credit yourself. To be able to go out for the first time in Auto-X and finish in 7th.....even if you were driving a full-built S2K, shows you have some driving skills. The fact that you did it in a home-made Festy is just the icing on the cake! It would be interesting to see what times you and your friend would run if you switched cars.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Great work man! Festivas are a much more capable chassis than a Miata. Wait till you get that thing on a road coarse, it's even better at speed and nobody knows what to say. They kinda expect the little festiva to turn sharp in a hurry, but nobody expects to see a subcompact out handle gt cars at triple digit speeds. Keep this coming. Good stuff.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
        Great work man! Festivas are a much more capable chassis than a Miata. Wait till you get that thing on a road coarse, it's even better at speed and nobody knows what to say. They kinda expect the little festiva to turn sharp in a hurry, but nobody expects to see a subcompact out handle gt cars at triple digit speeds. Keep this coming. Good stuff.
        You really need to check into the Sandhills rally next year...I believe there's a waiting list, but I know you'd love it and it would be worth the drive. I'd even take time off to help you pit crew! They will be accepting entries for next years event in a few weeks....first come first serve, i believe. Here's the link to their home page................ http://www.sorcrace.com/
        Last edited by blkfordsedan; 08-20-2012, 04:51 PM.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
          Congrats! Way to represent!

I'm sure the Festy performed great, but you deserve a lot of credit yourself. To be able to go out for the first time in Auto-X and finish in 7th.....even if you were driving a full-built S2K, shows you have some driving skills. The fact that you did it in a home-made Festy is just the icing on the cake! It would be interesting to see what times you and your friend would run if you switched cars.

Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. I know the car still had a little left in it as is, my last run felt like a 37.4ish territory, but I knicked a cone and the car randomly bogged on the home stretch, resulting in no improvement on my time. Can't wait to see what it does with some sticky tires on it!

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          Yeah I'm looking forward to getting some track days again, will be fun for sure! The only high speed cornering I have done so far in the Festy is blasting the random deserted on/off ramp in the middle of the night.
          '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
            You really need to check into the Sandhills rally next year...I believe there's a waiting list, but I know you'd love it and it would be worth the drive. I'd even take time off to help you pit crew! They will be accepting entries for next years event in a few weeks....first come first serve, i believe. Here's the link to their home page................ http://www.sorcrace.com/
            Yeah, I remember you telling me about that a few months ago. I'll see if I can enter.

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
            Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. I know the car still had a little left in it as is, my last run felt like a 37.4ish territory, but I knicked a cone and the car randomly bogged on the home stretch, resulting in no improvement on my time. Can't wait to see what it does with some sticky tires on it!

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting some track days again, will be fun for sure! The only high speed cornering I have done so far in the Festy is blasting the random deserted on/off ramp in the middle of the night.
            get some r compounds, cause you'll destroy your street tires and you don't need to try to out do my off track and on two wheels antics. Lol. Plus, you can fit more rubber under your car, so the same r compounds you use on the festiva, you can use on the Miata these cars love sticky rubber, I wuss out before tweak does and brake to early.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
            X