Originally posted by rbrown View Post
    Whoa. I cannot either.

And I am a paying member...
    This just isn't right.
    :banghead:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Chris we could make this happen.....

Your NOT gonna get to see this in person........

-Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Smedley View Post
          You have to request access. PM an admin
          Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          :banghead:
          I know, I know. I was just putting my .00 cents in. (was .02 but we know how things are right now).
          Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

The glow of the computer screen is lighting up my goofy, ear to ear grin. :twisted:
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I rolled through a SVTF meet in the parking lot at my local pool hall when I had my MSProtege years back. All I had was a FMIC and a boost controller set to 12PSI. It dynoed 198/218. One of the group had everything you could throw at a SVT Focus short of forced induction: header, no cat, cams, cam gears, intake manifold, bigger TB, IMRC lock, tune, drag radials, poly bushings yadayadayada. We BSed since I was still a Ford tech and liked the cars. He wanted to run, and I was honest with my mods and power.

It wasn't even close. From a 20 roll, I jumped out a car and put at least 5
              more on him up to 120. From a 40 I shut down 4 ahead to 120. From a stop he got oh on me by a fender. Guess what happened after the 1-2 shift? Yeah. Looked like he threw a boat anchor out the trunk with how bad I yanked him in and walked away. Best part was he was pretty humble (considering a dozen SVTF Club cars and their owners saw all 3 runs as we went past) and said his car was running good, he couldn't believe how much quicker my Protege was. I miss being a moron and street racing!
              1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
              1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
              2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

What a cool guy to race Don. That's rare.
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
                  What a cool guy to race Don. That's rare.
                  It is and was. My friends (car nuts as well) watching said the SVTF guys in the parking lot were all whooping and cheering on the first run, until we went by and they realized it was my car out ahead by a couple bus lengths, LOL! This was all before Texas got crazy with the steet racing laws. It's a felony now to get caught doing it. The cars are a lot faster too, and the racing is usually very secret and late at night.

Comment

Cool story Don! I like racing guys like that, the ones who accept defeat well haha

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                      Cool story Don! I like racing guys like that, the ones who accept defeat well haha
                      Fast is fast... this guy was cool with defeat, even though having 850rwhp still meant losing. Local Dallas freeway racing is getting NUTS.

A chance meeting in Mexico, with a Dallas Performance Built, Twin Turbo C6 Corvette making upwards of 1300 rwhp, a Fischer Motorsports Built, Ford GT with a ...

Comment

Phoenix car guys generally don't mind being beaten by something interesting either. I have guys race me time and time again on the freeway because they love how fast my car is and can't get enough of it.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

We all know the feeling but few of us ever had a 'car' to properly carry it out. Most or all of us (somewhere along the way) build stuff in hope it might just surprise but then there are some that actually fabricate bona fide 'barn burners'. Chris has assembled one and if some look-the-other-way-indulgence for 30 seconds was quiet appreciation of 100s of hours of work then I'm quite willing to hear of it.
                          Only don't crash and don't get into too much trouble! Yahoo.

Comment

Working...
                          X