Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to the dragstrip tonight! 14s woot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the dragstrip tonight! 14s woot!

The local 1/4 mile had an Import vs Domestic showdown race tonight. Decided to take the Festiva up there and see what it would run. My car as it sits is just a bone stock b8 5spd with a little weight reduction. I borrowed a Nitrous kit from a friend and put a tiny ~50shot on it for gigs. Being that it is a Ford I was in the Domestic class and got to put that Merica'n Muscle on them Imports lol! :p

Best run of the night was a 14.6@96
    Had another run of a 14.7@98
    A few more between 14.6-14.9 having traction problems.
    Everytine it spun like crazy into 3rd on the tiny 175s lol!!!
    Started spraying 3rd no traction what so ever if I sprayed earlier lol.
    And the clutch started slipping in 4th...

I need some better tires, and a beefier clutch and I think I might have 13s! We'll see...Had fun regardless, and can't complain for what my car is.

List of cars that I but the beatdown on:
    LS civic hatch
    LS CRX
    SRT4
    Scion FR-S
    K20 ep civic coupe
    GSR civic coupe

Barely lost to a EVO VIII he ran me down up top

Extra Funny story: When I beat the FR-S everyone thought it was a GTR and went crazy!!! There was also a GTR at the track that was exactly the same color, and they look very similiar running down the track...except the GTR runs 11s lol!!! nthego:
    Last edited by BUSTIVA; 12-03-2012, 12:58 AM.
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

man thats awesome!!! was that 14.6 with you spraying all the way down the track?
    -1991 L 238k AC/Cruise Josh's future DD from neanderpaul, the clean slate!

-1991 GL 171k AC/Rust free Jake's future DD (thanks kevin!)

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

-1989 LX crazy project car you'll all see one day! (hopefully fm8 )

Have one hydro g and xr2 mid shaft for sale super cheap! PM me!

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

Originally posted by jake88maro View Post
      man thats awesome!!! was that 14.6 with you spraying all the way down the track?
      Started spraying 3rd no traction what so ever if I sprayed earlier lol.

Comment

hahah thats awesome man! still reppin the festy's proudly with those kinda kills!!!!^ btw what hp is your motor would you say?

-1993 L B6T swapped auto(thanks rob!) 88k was 123whp 15.8 at 87mph currently undergoing surgery

we have owned 10 of these cars to date and we're only 20 hahah.. call it an obsession!

Comment

Originally posted by jake88maro View Post
          hahah thats awesome man! still reppin the festy's proudly with those kinda kills!!!!^ btw what hp is your motor would you say?
          When it was factory fresh it made around 105hp and I'm sure a few horses made their way off the ranch since '94 lol.
          Last edited by BUSTIVA; 12-03-2012, 01:23 AM.

Comment

lmao i gotta remeber that one! hmm i figure my bp 1.8 car could go a low 15 if i could hook at all. and i also feel like the nitrous kit off of my big block is callin its name for this years hang over nations at dragway 42 as long as the weather holds lo. i dont see why i shouldnt just throw a 150 shot at it and see what happens! hell the whole car only cost 600 lol!

Comment

^^^That's the Spirit!!!! Hose it down!!! Let it ride!!! LOLbanana time

Comment

Looks like that puts me at 21st place on the Overall Fastest Festys list!

Between Silv3rBull3t and ketchup

Comment

hahahahah exactly let her rip!!!! and that awesome man congrats!!

Comment

What trans and clutch? Stock, or swapped F or G?
                    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                      What trans and clutch? Stock, or swapped F or G?
                      Stock trans, stage 1 spec clutch
                      Last edited by BUSTIVA; 12-03-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

nice job! i love it
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Impressive8)
                          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                          14 C7 Z51

Comment

I find it awesome a b8 festiva put the hurting on a super dumb FRS. I took one with a flat brimmed pimple faced teen behind the wheel, in my 323 gtx and it wasn't even funny the smackdown i put on it.

Yes they handle good, yes they are well balanced, yes there will be aftermarket support. However i cannot forgive how darn slow they are. its ridiculous.

Comment

Nice I've ran a 15.2 all stock b8me motor in mine

Comment

Working...
                              X