No announcement yet.

1st track day, someones gotta be last.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rain vid you were super smooth no wheel spinining. Looked like you were just taking it to the grocery store.Great job ! BTW I'm amazed how many Mazda's were in the top
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

^
      i heard a statistic somewhere that on any given weekend there are more mazda owners out racing than any other brand.

anyways, im still plugging away at the autocross business. Heres a new camera angle, watch me saw away at the wheel trying to drive this stupid thing fast... dont judge my windshield wipers
      In car of the red bomber, watch me saw away at the wheel while attempting to drive an economy car fast. Don't judge my windshield wipers.
      "Its not fast, but its fast for a festiva."

Comment

Awesome ! :thumbup:
        Last edited by nitrofarm; 07-26-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbokid View Post
          ^
          i heard a statistic somewhere that on any given weekend there are more mazda owners out racing than any other brand
          I would agree with this. Mazda has more spec classes than any other manufacturer in this country. Star Mazda, Formula Mazda, Spec7, pro7, Spec Miata, SS Miata are just a few. Add to that the fact that Mazda has produced some of the cheapest trackable street cars for the last 30+ years. It's no wonder we see so many of them in the winners circle. Side note: Mazda is the only Japanese manufacturer to ever take an overall victory at LeMans.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Heres a new one for anybody who still reads this nonsense...
            this was by far my favorite course so far this year, 2 sections where i got into 3rd gear.

The red shitbox fastest of the day at miller motorsports park 7-26-201440.141

Comment

Awesome run Dude. I only saw one hiccup @ 23 sec. Otherwise it was a solid run.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, yeah I very rarely piece a whole good run together. If I nail the slalom I bog the turn around. If I nail the turn around I smack a cone.
                One day I'll upload all my disaster runs with spinouts, off courses, and cone "yard sales"

Comment

Go Fast take chances

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool!
                    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                    14 C7 Z51

Comment

Hey guys two more videos up, the first one is the last race on the toyo R888's. You can hear that they are no longer enjoying the abuse i'm giving them, the fronts were toasted and had cords showing.

Second vid is of the last race of the season this last weekend, super fast course and posted respectable times coming in 3rd against some pretty heavy hitters in the SMF class. I made a few changes for the final race with some hoosier tires and changed the exhaust to exit before the rear tire without a muffler.
                      Everything was going fine until..... i noticed my intercooler was hanging lower than normal, after closer inspection i discovered that i had broken the front support factory welds and the engine was sagging forward and almost ready to break free !!
                      i have major work to do this winter to reinforce everything
                      heres a video of the hero run before everything fell apart... literally.

Getting the hang of this stupid thing. I was getting crazy oversteer all day and finally pieced a decent run together dropping 3 seconds from the rest of the...

Heres the results of all the cars the old festy finished ahead of.

1993 Ford Festiva 51.310
                      1990 Mazda miata 51.377
                      1999 Kosmic Kart 51.416
                      1990 Mazda Miata 51.457
                      2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 51.486
                      2000 Subaru impreza rs 51.499
                      2013 Ford Focus ST 51.766
                      1990 VW Corado 51.855
                      2008 Mazda MazdaSpeed3 51.867
                      2008 BMW M3 51.911
                      1995 Mazda Miata 51.955
                      2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 51.969
                      1995 Ford Mustang 51.972
                      Porsche 911 52.187
                      1991 Toyota MR2 52.414
                      2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 52.563
                      BMW M3 52.910
                      2010 Toyota Yaris 53.062
                      1997 Volkswagen golf gti 53.272
                      2001 Honda S2000 53.279
                      1988 BMW 325ix 53.440
                      BMW 540i 53.606
                      1993 Mazda Miata 53.738
                      1984 Audi 4000 Quattro 53.889
                      BMW M3 53.914
                      1989 Honda CRX 54.116
                      2001 Honda S2000 54.124
                      Lotus 7 54.378
                      2007 Subaru impreza 2.5I 54.460
                      1999 Mazda Miata 54.515
                      2013 Scion FRS 54.565
                      2008 BMW 135i 54.819
                      1991 Ford Mustang 54.828
                      2013 Volkswagen Golf R 54.875
                      BMW 540i 54.918
                      1999 Mazda Miata 54.962
                      1986 Volkswagen Scirocco 55.329
                      2005 Volkswagen Golf 55.366
                      2014 Subaru BRZ 55.379
                      2004 Acura TL 55.408
                      Subaru WRX 56.176
                      Mazda Speed 3 56.579
                      1991 Ford Mustang 57.168
                      1983 Ford Crown Victoria 58.357
                      BMW roadster 58.757
                      2008 Saturn Sky Redline 59.973

Comment

Looks like a blast! You'll be even faster after a long winter to fix a few things. Are you going to do the removable lower radiator support like advanced dynamics?

Comment

i dont think i'll go as far as he did by totally recreating one but i will be re-enforcing the factory one pretty heavily instead of a few crappy spot welds like the factory decided were adequate.
                          i started taking it apart this evening, it was totally broken free from the front frame rails. pics coming soon.
                          has anybody else broken theirs like this?

Comment

Working...
                          X