WTFestiva - Rally in the 100 Acre Wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTFestiva - Rally in the 100 Acre Wood

I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, but I saw them post this on Facebook today.

Last edited by Prafeston; 02-20-2014, 09:15 PM.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

That .... is .... COOL! Thanks for posting, Rafe.

... and I plan on going to see those guys run their Festy! Yeaah .....
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Wish I could make it but some stuff came up and I'm gonna be out of town.
      -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
      Random Festiva Parts

Comment

nice rafe tks 4 sharing!
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

"we have a rally car, how bad is our life?" …. First world problems.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

They guys had an issue with a coil wire coming of the distributor on like Stage 4 or something, but they finished the race 5th in their class...of 5 But hey, they needed a finish to get themselves back in the game!
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

a pro bono crew chief trip may be in order to get some results. They are close, they just need that last 10%. I'm glad the car remained bottom side down this time, that's progress. Truthfully, as long as it's fun then you come out a winner. Rally America is like a big family, and every event brings new friends, new strategy and plenty of new stories (that will of coarse get better with time and alcohol). It's great to see these guys continuing to develop and race the Festiva, while having a blast. Thanks Rafe for sharing that. I missed it on Facebook.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I think they wrecked pretty early on in the last race...so if anything they just need some more time getting comfortable behind the wheel of the BP powered Festiva.

Here's the big jump on one of the stages. The little Festiva barely gets all 4 wheels off the ground. They are the last car to go over it before the course truck at the very end.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Proof all 4 wheels left the ground!

Must have been going through tech inspection or something!

Oh and there was also an Aspire that entered the Rally with a 2.0 engine installed. It apparently flipped on one of the stages but they were able to get it going again!
                  "The aspire drivers were from Georgia. ... the country. They rolled and kept going. Freaking boss."

Before the wreck.

-Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts

Comment

Cool Stuff, love me some Rally (maybe why I have a Subaru haha)

Comment

Alright now that the rally is over I can start coming back to the forums. Was pretty stressed out a lot of the time. I wanted to get a lot of air off that jump, but we were having trouble getting up to speed due to the tow out problems in the rear bouncing us around like a pinball machine at >60mph on the straight. I'm going to try to sum it up here soon and make a list of items we're going to be changing to bring us more up to speed. we technically got 5th due to everyone wrecking out or having mechanical failures.

Little by little, we'll get her to the podium. Couldn't have made it this far without the forums though. for that I'll say thanks guys!

Car #789
                      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
                      1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
                      1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
                      http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

Working...
                      X