Mid Ohio Sports Car Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Ohio Sports Car Course

Did some super quick research and found a test and tune session of 3.5 hours is $195. SCCA or similar racing permit / license and membership required. Looking like that will be in the $$several hundred dollar$$ range. Hmmmmmm !!! I might have to get that ball rolling. The more I think about Charlie and how he spanks all kinds of way more expensive and "faster" cars regularly, the more I want in. Kind of crazy to model my car so much after his and not race it at all. Plus, Mid-Ohio is one of the most competitive tracks in the country but is also beginner friendly. It is only 2 hours away from my house. SWEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!
    -Bryant

DO IT!
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

It's addictive. These cars make track driving a lot of fun.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Look up Autointerests.com they also have a Facebook page. They have regular track days at several tracks, including Mid-Ohio. Anywhere from $245-310 will get you on track. The ONLY thing needed is a full face helmet... Well and the ability to pass a pretty easy tech inspection.

Alternatively look up Nelson Ledges, google the name. Its a track near Cleveland that has regular 'fundays' for $130 or so. Tech is pretty lax there as well, but you will need a helmet. This track is faster than Mid-Ohio (Though not as fun) and is much rougher.

No special permit, or license is needed to attend those events. I go on a pretty regular basis with my Miata club.
        Last edited by lokirx706; 03-29-2014, 09:55 PM.
        Ohio Festiva Club
        facebook.com/groups/683551598362619/
        Check us out on Facebook!

Comment

Ooooooooooooh! I knew I posted this thread for a reason. An Ohio member was bound to post some cool info, and you did!!!
          -Bryant

Comment

Working...
          X