Pimptiva vs. 2004 Mitsu Mirage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimptiva vs. 2004 Mitsu Mirage

So I was cruising downtown ithaca on my way home from my fathers, i had just spent the day finally cleaning out my festiva completely (back was half full with misc. car parts), anyways, just washed and waxed it, was looking good cruising, listening to "The Killers" on my cd deck.

This 04 or 05 mitsu (im guessing on the year, really new though) Is in front of me pounding the bass with his friend in the car. They were showing off for the Purity Ice Cream Parlor that was next to the light( ahh college kids are back:-) So the take off from the light and at this point didn't realize I was behind them, or didn't seem to car about a festiva :twisted: So I took off behind them.

Guessing what they said to eachother well looking in their rearview mirror:

"Dude its a Rice Mobile!, lets race him!"
    "Dude.... OKAY!, my bass makes me have a larger penis, it must mean my car is faster too!!!! :twisted:

So he starts slowing down and I can see him looking in his side mirror at my car trying to wait for me to catch up, but I stayed just behind his blind spot till I saw the next light was turning red. I downshifted and let my car slow its self to the light, with a nice lightly muffled growl as I stopped.

Acting like I didn't even notice the mirage next to me, he yells over, Hey what you got in that. I answer back, basically a miata engine, not alot of power, but enough... I guess I should have chosen my words more carfully because I heard him whispering back to his friend, and then it got quite.

Im thinking at this point, oh I have to get over in the right lane anyways to make my exit, might as well get infront of him :roll:

I watch as the side street light changed colors......

Light turns green he stomps its (guessing it had at least the V-6 option in it) the tires scream. At the same time I go from 300 RPMS NOT 3000, 300 my car idles real low, to hitting the gas and slipping the clutch becaust I didn't want to launch it to hard. Probably 1/2 throttle, but still plently, right after the clutch fully engaged and I was doing about 20 mph, I slammed the pedal all the way down. The damn tires squealed, and out of the corner of my eye I saw the guy and his friend suddenly look over at my car, slammed it in to second, the tires chirped again, then the clutch spun alittle extra (:-) Alittle to hard on the gas). By second gear my cars butt was equal with his front bumper, by the time I took it to 5800 RPMS and shifted into 3rd I had a full car length. Saw him try to keep up so I kept on it till I was in 4th and about 75 feet in front of him.

Thats when my brain finally kicked in, YOUR LUCKY YOU DIDNT drop your tranny out of the car right there! Adrenaline pumpiing, and my foot bouncing on the pedal because my legs shake uncontrolably when Im hyped up. Cruisin in 4th he doesn't even try to catch up to me, just stays behind me till I take my off ramp exit. Stick my hand out the window and gave him a thumbs up :-) Oh I know I had a shit eatting grin on my face as I cruised off the main road.

Thats right the Mirage just got pimp slapped :twisted:

Now lets just hope my tranny lasts till october, I wont do that again just because I promised I would bring the car to the meet, and Im not swapping in another festiva tranny.

Logan

Sweet !!!!!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Nicely done
      Paul
      91GL
      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Working...
      X