X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO LAUNCH WITH AUTOMATIC TRANNY

ok, this is for automatic tranny modified for high power

1- DO NOT PAST 2500 RPM WITHOUT MOVING
    2- if you dont have rev limiter, brakes , accelerate engine to 2200 rpm, release brake at the same time you floor the gaz
    3- use rev limiter and set-up at 2400 rpm, use previous, release rev limit button at the same time you release the brakes. you can have about 5 to 10 psi without moving and the tranny wont suffer from this ... power is limited to 2400 rpm and the torque wont overload geartrain

CAUTION : input shaft ( the empty one ) is very tuff but it broke every time engine rev to 3300 rpm without moving.

NEVER engage tranny over 2000 rpm... differential broke all theet from pinion drive

the small tranny is only built to handle 65 hp... but with careful driving and a little bit of know how , you can abuse of it seriously without troubles.
    i ran 21-22 psi all day long for more than one year ( broke many parts but not the tranny or axles ) before i kill engine, the tranny never slip but tires do

for fast launch you NEED rpm limiter, msd , accel, stand alone ecu, piggy back ecu have some to fit mazda ignition.

on my greddy e-manage ultimate i set it to 2250 rpm to obtain a real 2400 rpm and when i release the button i have 10-11 psi all the way from the start without breakage. i never hold it longer than 30-40 seconds to not overheat the tranny oil. the sound of engine on the rev limiter is terrible... the turbo sing like evel and exhaust is rumbling like offshore boat... pretty funny on side of a mazdaspeed 6 ( 2.3 turbo awd 6 speed the guy wont understand whats the f*** ) one the last minutes of engine with timing alteration i manage up to 15-16 psi on the starting line :twisted:

if anybody have question place here please

yvan

can this tread can be sticky ?

is that how you do 3 feet in 11 days????????????

Comment

yes

YES... without engine...

Comment

2- if you dont have rev limiter, brakes , accelerate engine to 2200 rpm, release brake at the same time you floor the gaz
        What do you mean by rev limiter? is there another kind besides the rev limiter that prevents the engine from spinning too fast to damage itself? I've never heard of a rev limiter you could set, but i would be really interested to find out! any info would be appreciated!
        Thanks! Sean.
        Proud owner of 92L, 350KM, Home made muffler, sounds like a truck! 16 years without replacement of anything but filters! 5spd EFI, Anyone else's shifter look like its from a quarter-ton?

Comment

like this;

Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

what is the stall on the converter?

Comment

ahhem... Monsoon, would you do the honors...

and BTW it's 19-2200rpm
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

can you get a higher stall converter and can a trans brake be integrated in? can you get any type of shift kit/ take acculuantors out.

Comment

Are all the festys trans ecm controlled

Comment

Originally posted by gtrfestivia View Post
                    what is the stall on the converter?
                    can you get a higher stall converter and can a trans brake be integrated in? can you get any type of shift kit/ take acculuantors out.
                    Are all the festys trans ecm controlled
                    Hey take a breath! OK now take a minute and use the Search function in the upper right hand corner between iTrader and Quick Links. Youll find all your answers there. Also read the article again it has all the answers you need for launching an auto tranny. And no you cant get a higher stall converter or a trans brake or a shift kit or anything like that. READ THE ARTICLE IT WILL TELL YOU WHY!
                    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                    - Unknown
                    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I just had to do it, i wanted to see the little guy bang his head over and over, so thank you monsoon, made my evening.
                      Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                      93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                      01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Glad to be of service.

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

thank you ever so much...
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Youre very welcome!

- Unknown

- Quentin Crisp

- Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                            X