No announcement yet.

Drag-Racing newbie needs some help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not lost, just motivation to break it for a MSP trans! (Kidding) Your car is sick, keep the updates coming!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

MS protege was the FS-DE turbo engine. Lame engine, couldn't handle a lot of power from what I understand. Didn't know the trans was so good though. They run a 28 spline axle though don't they?
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Yeah, that's right. Either way, F block. It does have 28 spline axles, but BG knuckles or custom axles solve that. If I were to do this much work I would build adjustable control arms for a wider stance anyway and use stronger knuckles, but I like to hammer gnarly corners, and with the power an FE3t can produce, there would be no more playing nice. Haha
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 12-29-2014, 04:53 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

This guy in the Philippines is running a pretty cool fs turbo setup.

His business is called Kia dohc works.
          Not sure if he's on here or not

1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Very nice! I'm thinking we should start a "engine swap pictures" thread. I could look at this stuff all day.

Comment

Makes all our BP turbo and B6T swaps look like crap.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

He is a pro and knows his buisness. Looks much cleaner then my build. Very good.

Btw, today, I purchased a "new" car. Next year, I must travel 300km every day to my new job. So, my old, current car isn´t up to the task for such long distances any more. My budget is now dropped in my new car.

So, I must postbone my "drag racing project" a little. I think I can do the upgrades to the engine in mid-february, and welding my new manifold together. Maybe dyno in march or so. Ill keep you updated.

Comment

Yeah this is his business so he has to make everything look pro.

He even makes wiring harnesses where everything is pretty much tucked away.

Makes me wanna rip everything out of my car and start again [emoji36]
                  1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                    Makes all our BP turbo and B6T swaps look like crap.
                    That's a little harsh. I can think of a few swaps here in the states that are equally as impressive.

Comment

Okay okay they LOOK great but the B series is just weak sauce compared to the FE
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Okay, Othat's better. F power looks great on paper (or LCD screen), but the proof is in the pudding. Lets see some numbers. So far the fastest we got is not even a race car, it's got a polished valve cover and working A/C for goodness sake. Haha.

Comment

Okay, Othat's better. F power looks great on paper (or LCD screen), but the proof is in the pudding. Lets see some numbers

Very true. I´m better advised with my old BPT in retrospect. A nice clean proven swap, G25MR transmission etc.

And i´m as sceptical as you. I wrote in another forum, 500 hp (not much of a problem) and low 11s.

As Bhazard said "That trans is a G series right? What kind of mods to keep it from exploding?"...

I´m a dreamer.

Still, I love my festy and I´m proud to say I´m a part of the FF.com community.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhuzit View Post
                            Okay, Othat's better. F power looks great on paper (or LCD screen), but the proof is in the pudding. Lets see some numbers

Very true. I´m better advised with my old BPT in retrospect. A nice clean proven swap, G25MR transmission etc.

And i´m as sceptical as you. I wrote in another forum, 500 hp (not much of a problem) and low 11s.

As Bhazard said "That trans is a G series right? What kind of mods to keep it from exploding?"...

I´m a dreamer.

Still, I love my festy and I´m proud to say I´m a part of the FF.com community.
                            And, I think I can speak for most people here, we are proud to have you as a part of this community. I hope you break into the 10's or faster with your car.

Comment

Ahh, thank you Chris. 10 sec......gulp.

Little update:

German stupid bureaucracy has forced me to buy a another festy that is older than the engine (the stamped numbers on the cylinderhead counts LOL), emission reasons and so on. Crazy. That means the complete procedure of registring the engine, brakes and so on repeats. Time to make it better. Uhmm, kinda.

Bought a 2000´ Pride, this time in silver. Nearly rust free, except some minor flash rust on the driver side door. Ehh, forgot about how funny these cars are,
                              even in stock form. 161,43245 km/h of Autobahn madness and go kart like handling. Much funnier as my DD; 3000 lbs of synthesized, pseudo economical, sound composed bullshit. You know what a "soundcomposer" is? LOL. Sounds like a big fart on half throttle. Embarrassing.

Valvetrain- and wind noises FTW!

I will not give up. Even when I need to push it over the drag strip, or it ends in an 12 - 18 sec car doesn´t matter.

Comment

Once again, a little update. (maybe its better preserved in "Forum-Customized-Modifications-Garage?)

Purchased a MPS 3 gearbox from a german forum for a very good price. This in combination with a Mazda 6 RF5C gearbox case / and parts from it, sounds promising and proven by few 323 and MX6 guys. Some stuff needs to be customized, like the starter position mounting hole and custom driveshafts, but nothing too expensive and complex.
                                I´m not entirely sure if the driver side frame rail needs cutting like with a H box. :fofd:

Comment

Working...
                                X