b6 n/a times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

g-tech

g-tech only measure the car...not the driver! and i am living too far from a race track... this summer i have planned to go at 3 race track with my asfire, rimouski, matane and napierreville. when i buy the car it make a 21.2 at 68 mph...and now 13.6 at 112mph...the same aspire automatic!!!near the double lol

Comment

I have a 93 festiva, took it to track few times, my best time was 18.2 stock, and that was with 2.4s 60'. Now after I get the swap, i hope ill be in 13s with no problems... What do you guys think?
      I have a 323 GT 1.6 T dohc 16v on the way :shock:

Comment

14's maybe... Festiva's have big traction issues w/an open diff. and that much power going to the front wheels... Maybe if you have slicks you might be able to see 13's. -Kyle
        Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

all depends on the driver... over in vw world, there are guys putting down way more hp than my beetle, but i'm still faster simply by driving skill. If you can't get that power to the ground you won't go anywhere. Likewise if you don't know how to launch the rest of the run is gonna be shitty no matter how much power you make.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyJay1.8T
            all depends on the driver... over in vw world, there are guys putting down way more hp than my beetle, but i'm still faster simply by driving skill. If you can't get that power to the ground you won't go anywhere. Likewise if you don't know how to launch the rest of the run is gonna be shitty no matter how much power you make.
            Buddy I have a 2000 VW Golf 1.8T 4dr automatic. I run 14.330 @ 94.57 MPH 2.103 60ft Thats pretty good.. Don't know many people doing low 14s at that speed not even with AWD cars. Anyways, what does ur beetle run???

Comment

See you're one of the good guys... if you're on vortex you know what i mean, guys with 210 whp dynos barely running 14.9's....

Me, i have an APH engine ( you know, k03 non-sport crapass turbo, smaller injectors, the overall short end of the stick), with a diode/MBC setup, 20 psi (waaaaaaay past efficiency range obviously), 2.5 inch dp, atp exhaust dump, and absolutely no suspension or driveline mods. I'm lucky if i'm pushing 190whp. 14.500 @ 94.03 with a 2.149 60' and still on a rapidly deteriorating stock clutch. I've seen guys with drag radials cutting 2.3 60's, K03 sport turbos that are chipped and no breaking 15's.... I'm not saying any of this to brag (well, maybe a little ) but just illustrate that while some autocross/road racers will do their best to tell you there's no skill in drag racing, its simply not true.

Comment

i run 14.03 at 94mph on street tires with a b6t swap.... i dont think a non turbo would come close.. im upgrading my turbo and i will be posting some nice times on here soon...

Comment

Yeah the driver makes a huge difference I just sold my near stock mustang that I ran 13.50s with and his best pass was a low 16 lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X