Ultra Lightweight Festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Lightweight Festiva?

While surfing around looking for ways to make RED, my drag racer under construction, I came across this video. It's pretty scary!

I don't know if I have the info right, but here is what I copied from the site:

youtube.be/cEkUDcSOynU 4 Bangers Production

POV Extremely Cut Up all Motor Cars (Must Watch) Drag Racing

It is definitely worth watching, just to see what they have done to the cars - one of which looks like a Festiva.

Rick
    1993 Ford Festiva
    1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
    1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
    2000 Ford E350

Comment

I'd like to see someone get that past a tech inspection here lol.
      Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
        I'd like to see someone get that past a tech inspection here lol.
        As long as the roll cage is approved, the engine has all the proper sfi parts on and around it and the driver has proper safety gear, I don't see a problem passing tech. It's a whole lot safer than a drag rail, and those pass NHRA tech all the time (with a 7000HP blown nitro big block right behind the driver...yikes.)

Now, the dudes giving the car a little push start would not fly here in the states though. Lol
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 03-08-2017, 03:51 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Brown View Post
          While surfing around looking for ways to make RED, my drag racer under construction, I came across this video. It's pretty scary!

I don't know if I have the info right, but here is what I copied from the site:

youtube.be/cEkUDcSOynU 4 Bangers Production

POV Extremely Cut Up all Motor Cars (Must Watch) Drag Racing

It is definitely worth watching, just to see what they have done to the cars - one of which looks like a Festiva.
          That's what I'm talking about! You'll need some composite panels though. I don't think the factory sheet metal will hold up unsupported like that.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
          X