Overkill-ed again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overkill-ed again

A local guy finished his build of his Chevy Lumina Z34 (or whatever). He wanted someone with a v8 to pull next to him so he can get an idea of how fast his car has become. I offered he said yes so we did! The 1st run i was super easy on the gas. I just wanted to stay even with him. He was kinda shocked that i was still there. You could tell he was a bit upset. We lined up to run again this time he wanted to start from a lower speed. I let her eat this time and was gone before 3rd. When we pulled back over he was very shocked. He had no clue of the car even tho several local guys said dont do it. It was just for fun! We both had a great time looking over each's build. His car was super clean and he did it all so props.

That face tho! I love it.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Its crazy that im walking away from these guys while spinning to 80+

After each pull they all say the say thing- Dude you were doing a burnout the entire time!!! My lsd should help this issue. I have done enough tire killing that its about time to order them tires now.
    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I didn't know people built luminas. Do you have any pics of it?

Comment

I dont no. It was just clean and white. Had some visual mods done to it. It was cool looking for a normal car i guess. The guy was super proud of it tho. It would not do it to that car but i gotta say he did damn good. I think he thought the motor was a bit better then it was tho. He had heads (no clue which one), cam, intake, and a few other bits on it. It sounded cool tho.
        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

do you have a build thread I can read on your car?
          1992 White Ford Festiva GL 5sp with A/C (Fettuccine)

Comment

Mike, the z34 was a performance version of the Lumina with a 3.4l dohc 215hp 60*v6. The engine is very Stout from the factory and takes to boost really well, but there's nearly no aftermarket support for it due to its rarity. In the last iterations, power was bumped to ~225hp with intake and head revisions. Also for 2 years it was offered with a 5spd manual to compete with the SHO. This was a super rare option.

On a personal note, I was able to obtain the rare block with the rarer manual trans still attached. It will be built. It will make over 350hp n/a... It won't be cheap but it will sound awesome.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              Mike, the z34 was a performance version of the Lumina with a 3.4l dohc 215hp 60*v6. The engine is very Stout from the factory and takes to boost really well, but there's nearly no aftermarket support for it due to its rarity. In the last iterations, power was bumped to ~225hp with intake and head revisions. Also for 2 years it was offered with a 5spd manual to compete with the SHO. This was a super rare option.

On a personal note, I was able to obtain the rare block with the rarer manual trans still attached. It will be built. It will make over 350hp n/a... It won't be cheap but it will sound awesome.
              Yeah his sounded pretty damn sweet. Very loopy for a v6.
              1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by White92 View Post
                do you have a build thread I can read on your car?
                not really a build thread but i have a thread about the car.

Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

some pictures have been messed up but most are still there.
                1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

I am also an owner of a 93 Z34. White with an automatic and only 83000 miles.

Comment

Hey White92, lets hear more about your car.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Working...
                    X